Marine Corps Veteran In The Struggle.

Options
Hey guys! I’ve had MFP since I was in the military, but never kept up with it cuz I was so busy. Well.. my story is that while in the Marine Corps I got injured. That injury started a chain reaction in my body that led to more disabilities. I got put on tons of different medications, & guess what?! Weight gain was impossible to avoid because of the side effects, as well as me not being able to PT at all. I got out medically separated with honorable discharge. I went from 130 lbs. to 215 lbs within a year. Im tall so it doesn’t look so bad, but I know this isn’t good for my health. I’ve just recently been diagnosed a pre-diabetic on top of everything. I let these disabilities get the best of me knowing how young I am, but having the problems of an elderly woman. Not being able to make a career out of my military experience, & knowing that everything I’ve had planned for my life had to alter because of my disabilities. I’m now on a journey to lose 85 lbs. The motivation & support of everyone would be greatly appreciated. I can’t seem to find it on my own & I keep losing my way... Thank you ❤️

Replies

• Rottweiler17
    Rottweiler17 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Semper Fi. I was marines myself and can understand your struggle. I have watched a lot of my comrades go through the same struggle. Feel free to add me if you care you
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Well, at least you got Honorable. Save the paper forever.
  • jodynichelson
    jodynichelson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I’ve had MFP since I was in the military, but never kept up with it cuz I was so busy. Well.. my story is that while in the Marine Corps I got injured. That injury started a chain reaction in my body that led to more disabilities. I got put on tons of different medications, & guess what?! Weight gain was impossible to avoid because of the side effects, as well as me not being able to PT at all. I got out medically separated with honorable discharge. I went from 130 lbs. to 215 lbs within a year. Im tall so it doesn’t look so bad, but I know this isn’t good for my health. I’ve just recently been diagnosed a pre-diabetic on top of everything. I let these disabilities get the best of me knowing how young I am, but having the problems of an elderly woman. Not being able to make a career out of my military experience, & knowing that everything I’ve had planned for my life had to alter because of my disabilities. I’m now on a journey to lose 85 lbs. The motivation & support of everyone would be greatly appreciated. I can’t seem to find it on my own & I keep losing my way... Thank you ❤️