T25 Gamma vs. P90X3 lean/mass

Options
legendary523
legendary523 Posts: 13 Member
Searched all over and couldn't find anyone comparing these specific programs. Background: When I first started I only did one workout which was the T25 Beta Total Body Circuit along with running 60 flights of stairs so I completely skipped Alpha. Then I started doing strictly Gamma (all workouts) and eliminated the stairs. Last month I started incorporating 10 minutes of the T25 Alpha Ab intervals (Monday and Wednesdays) and Insane Abs (Tuesday and Thursday) after my Gamma workouts. On Fridays I return to the T25 Beta Total Body Circuit and rest on the weekends.

Now I have p90X3 and wish to skip classic. How does T25 Gamma compare to p90x3 lean/mass. I would like to build muscle and lean out. T25 Gamma does a great job of this but I'm just trying to see if p90X3 lean/mass is better in that regard.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Searched all over and couldn't find anyone comparing these specific programs. Background: When I first started I only did one workout which was the T25 Beta Total Body Circuit along with running 60 flights of stairs so I completely skipped Alpha. Then I started doing strictly Gamma (all workouts) and eliminated the stairs. Last month I started incorporating 10 minutes of the T25 Alpha Ab intervals (Monday and Wednesdays) and Insane Abs (Tuesday and Thursday) after my Gamma workouts. On Fridays I return to the T25 Beta Total Body Circuit and rest on the weekends.

Now I have p90X3 and wish to skip classic. How does T25 Gamma compare to p90x3 lean/mass. I would like to build muscle and lean out. T25 Gamma does a great job of this but I'm just trying to see if p90X3 lean/mass is better in that regard.

These programs aren't going to be very effective for building muscle. They are large cardio based (even the mass program is). If you want a BeachBody product that is ok, then use BodyBeast, but note even then it's not very optimal since it's a brosplit.
  • legendary523
    Options
    What about for leaning out? T25 gamma or p90X3 lean or mass?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Options
    What about for leaning out? T25 gamma or p90X3 lean or mass?

I enjoyed X3 better. And i went for mass as it was more resistance training based.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Also to note that leaning out is about lowering body fat and that comes from a calorie deficit.
  • legendary523
    Options
    I finished the first week of p90x3 lean and I'm a bit disappointed. Gamma is harder and I don't feel like I'm burning as many calories on p90x3. Only one workout involved weights where as with Gamma 3 workouts involve weights. I'd like a mix of both cardio and weights.
  • legendary523
    Options
    Bump, is there a certain week of p90x3 I need to be on? I don't want to back track.