Need meal planning advice for gaining muscle / losing body fat

Options
I'm looking for good combination grocery items to gain muscle. My choices are limited to To Go pickups. I can't go to the cafeterias as they cost $20 a meal these days and only $5 for cop donut meals. So I need some help on what items I should buy for meals.

When I can buy the items again, these are my items for a week planning:
Breakfast:
- Instant Oatmeal in a cup
- Pre-Workout, Creatine and Protein Shake
- Sometimes bananas. They die quickly of course.

Lunch:
- Lunch Meat
- Soft Tortilla Wrap
- Nut Packs
- Sometimes lettuce mix with a wrap. They also die quickly.

Dinner:
What is served

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Your not going to find a food that causes muscle growth or will lose body fat.

If you want muscle growth, eat in a surplus with enough muscle stimulas and reco ery to cause growth.

If you want to lose fat, eat in a slight deficit to cause fat loss with muscle stimulas to help retain muscle.

Both ways should have about one gram of protien per pound of body weight and .4 × BW for gram of fat.

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I'm missing something, why are you taking a preworkout at breakfast? Is your workout in the morning, and is it really that intense that you need an extra simulant other than just strong coffee? This marketing machine is amazing. I see so many people who are taking preworkouts and post workouts and interworkouts who don't need them.

Save your money and buy food. Unless you have an intense 60min+ workout where you are going to be killing your glycogen stores what's the point of a pre?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    You should probably lift weights, eat a lot of protein, and maybe a slight calorie deficit. No one food is going to give you magic muscles.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand your situation. Are you saying that your list represents everything you have access to?

Are you able to purchase something like a hot pot, which would allow you to make your own meals? Do you have access to a fridge?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You can peel senior bananas and freeze them. Frozen bananas are great in shakes.

Try frozen veggies like peas and Edamame. Then you don’t have to worrry about premature death on them either.
  • Konofox
    Konofox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well i'd like to offer my earnest recommendation to this good fella's request. (A meal plan for muscle gain / fat loss)

There is a program I have been doing for the last 3 weeks, and it has worked wonders for me so far! It's actually quite remarkable.... It's called the "Body Transformation Blueprint" and it is no less than astounding how much content is in this program for the price i paid.

It comes with a workout guide, a meal plan (even a cook book to accompany the plan), a supplement guide (if you use em), a database of exercises, and a progress tracker.

What i really value about the whole thing is it's available in online format, so i can hit the gym and have it with me all on the go... I really think this will benefit you my friend.

Check it out >>> http://bit.ly/body-workout-program

It's worked wonders for me so far, and I have 11 weeks left!
    Check out the testimonials at the bottom, they are no joke!

I'm looking for good combination grocery items to gain muscle. My choices are limited to To Go pickups. I can't go to the cafeterias as they cost $20 a meal these days and only $5 for cop donut meals. So I need some help on what items I should buy for meals.

When I can buy the items again, these are my items for a week planning:
    Breakfast:
    - Instant Oatmeal in a cup
    - Pre-Workout, Creatine and Protein Shake
    - Sometimes bananas. They die quickly of course.

Lunch:
    - Lunch Meat
    - Soft Tortilla Wrap
    - Nut Packs
    - Sometimes lettuce mix with a wrap. They also die quickly.

Dinner:
    What is served

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want, in portions that fit your calorie and/or macronutrient goals.