Building Glutes from ground zero

Options
Having a butt wasn’t passed down from my ancestors. People make comments all the time about how flat my butt is and I’m sick and tired of the teasing. I laugh it off but it’s my biggest insecurity. I do glute exercises every other day. Squats, lunges, kick backs, hip thrusters, dead lifts, and etc. Any advice on building my butt a little quicker? Please help!

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Rayman79 wrote: »
    Look up a guy by the name of Brett Contreras (aka the Glute Guy). He has a bunch of tips and programs for glute development - with actual scientific merit behind them too.

A agree with this. Read his book Strong Curves. It's not just about which lifts, but also the order. To grow your glutes, you'll need to be in a slight caloric surplus as well.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    You cannot overcome your genetics.

B4 you spend hrs in the gym or at home doing squats, deadlifts, hip thrusts or whatever and end up feeling defeated because nothing seems to work, take a long hard look at how your butt is constructed.

FWIW, I've got what looks like a pretty flat butt from the side but looks rounded and muscular from the rear w/definition bet the upper and lower glutes BUT my lower glutes attach relatively low on my thighs, which makes them extend longer and look flatter from the side. So, no bubble butt for me no matter how hard I try.

Not saying it's the same for you but its worth making an assessment so that you can avoid unnecessary frustration from unrealistic expectations.

Good luck!