Getting close to target, still losing 2 lbs a week, not hungry...

Options
So do I drive and get donuts or what ?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    What do you want? How close are you?

I tend to like to drive it on home but you could have a donut. Why not?
  • nickbullett
    nickbullett Posts: 44 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm 197 down from 344. My target was 190 but I changed it to 185 recently but I think it's mainly because I'm avoiding dealing with this. I'm 6'1'' somewhat muscular. I'm feeling stuffed but stupid fitbit adjustement is telling me to eat 1000 more calories or so today...
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    EAT MAN! EAT! LOL
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Eat something...anything ! :smile:
    If you are close to goal anything over 1lb a week loss is too much.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous, lol. Can i have your problem with a piece of cake and a cherry on top? Seriously, eat higher calorie foods, you don't want to go into maintenance at this speed.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm 197 down from 344. My target was 190 but I changed it to 185 recently but I think it's mainly because I'm avoiding dealing with this. I'm 6'1'' somewhat muscular. I'm feeling stuffed but stupid fitbit adjustement is telling me to eat 1000 more calories or so today...

Wow! Congratulations! I would try to add some calories back slowly if I were you. Then, whatever you decide on, you can slide into maintenance. Less of an adjustment.
  • nickbullett
    nickbullett Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    swim777 wrote: »

Wow! Congratulations! I would try to add some calories back slowly if I were you. Then, whatever you decide on, you can slide into maintenance. Less of an adjustment.

That's what I've been doing but perhaps too slowly. Then I started exercising much more and my net deficit got pretty huge again. Hunger has not followed. I'll figure it out.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    So do I drive and get donuts or what ?

To quote Homer Simpson....mmmm donuts!
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You don't have much to lose set your rate of loss from 2 pounds a week to 0.5 pounds a week instead. You'll have more calories left over, and honestly eat that doughnut you've worked hard for it. Good luck!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It's the not hungry thing that I don't get. I'm almost always hungry.
  • kerrylkatriviera
    kerrylkatriviera Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I recently hit the sixty pound mark and am approaching my goal, and I have the same dilemma sometimes. The diet and exercise changes your appetite. Some days I am just not hungry. I decided to listen to my body and just eat when I'm hungry. Not listening to my body is what caused me to gain weight.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    has anyone told you that you look like a white Common?
  • mikek7214
    mikek7214 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'd experiment slowly and add 200 calories in one week and see how it affects your weight. Slowly add and monitor because you don't want to slip into bad habits and have a weight gain rebound if you eat too many calories. Maintaining is an art and a science.
  • batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If you eat when you are hungry and you feel good I wouldn't change anything. There's quite a few people here that really insist on slowing down for those last few pounds. Not everybody is the same, and some people lose those last few pounds easier than others.

I'm 6'1" and in roughly the same spot as you. I got about 20 pounds to go and i'm still averaging 2.2 pounds a week. I eat when I am hungry and that's good enough for me. I honestly think our height helps us, my short friends tend to struggle a lot with the last bit.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    After the deficit eating and cutting, my mind got used to that amount of food. Once I could back off, I realized that hunger is often not physical but mental and a function of habit. So there have been plenty of times I've eaten not because I'm hungry but because I just wanted the taste of something or needed more calories. It's ends up to be be an extra 100-200 above normal, not like I am at 2300 and have to make a 3000 day happen.