Muscle gain

Options
How many calories should I eat to gain muscle weight if I go to the gym 3 days a week for 45 to 50 minutes doing 10 minutes of cardio and the rest lifting. I am 113lbs and I eat between 2300 to 2500 a day.

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    You should eat enough to be in a slight surplus. Are you gaining weight eating what you are now?
  • ginmarch00414
    ginmarch00414 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you wanna gain weight don't do cardio will be better!!!!
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    How many calories should I eat to gain muscle weight if I go to the gym 3 days a week for 45 to 50 minutes doing 10 minutes of cardio and the rest lifting. I am 113lbs and I eat between 2300 to 2500 a day.

1.) We need age, gender, height, and daily activity (none-lots of activity), i.e. job type, to figure out if that's reasonable.
    2.) You should find with that information above on what your TDEE is, just google TDEE calculator
    3.) Then add about 250-300 more calories above the TDEE
    4.) Cardio should be minimal just enough to stay in conditioning shape
    5.) Get enough protein should be about 1 g per 1 lb of bodyweight, just an estimate, not sure how accurate that idea is, but most articles support this idea.
    6.) What's your lifting routine like, make sure you're getting the basic compound lifts right.
    7.) Consume about a gallon of water per day
    8.) Make sure you get 7-8 hrs of sleep, more the better.