Do your macros change in a surplus?

Options
Hi all I was just wondering if when eating in a surplus your macros change and how to calculate that. So at the moment for instance I’m eating 150g of protein and 65g of fat and I need to add in another 250 calories into my diet so would I still eat the same amount of protein and fat or would this go up because my calories have gone up? And how would I work that out? Thanks all!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    i generally keep protein and fat constant, and just add more carbs. I like carbs.

sometimes i'll bump up protein and fat a little if it's a struggle to keep them down with the amount of extra carbs (so in this respect, it's as if the protein and fat are minimums and just fill the rest of your cals however you like)
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    i generally keep protein and fat constant, and just add more carbs. I like carbs.

sometimes i'll bump up protein and fat a little if it's a struggle to keep them down with the amount of extra carbs (so in this respect, it's as if the protein and fat are minimums and just fill the rest of your cals however you like)

Yup, all this.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I normally keep the %'s the same, so the actual numbers will go up in accordance with the calories but they stay the same ratio.
  • kazane1
    kazane1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice and the help :)
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Are you making gains?

What do you weigh now?
  • kazane1
    kazane1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have only upped my calories yesterday because my weight and gains platued at 128lb. And I wasn’t putting on any more weight or muscle so that’s why I think i need to eat more.