Favorite add in to cottage cheese ?

Options

Replies

• DAASE
    DAASE Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of fruit with my cottage cheese, however I'm big on savory! I love it with a chopped hard boiled egg and some hemp seed mixed in....then a touch of cayenne.
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it with pineapple but I also like it with warmed, sliced apples cooked down with cinnamon, a bit of brown sugar and a wee bit of butter, served on top of the cottage cheese. Also, I like to use my stick blender and whip it until it's smooth with a bit of sweetener and rum extract. Then it's more like a dessert.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    A touch of apple slices,cinnamon and brown sugar. Yum ! Perhaps something to consider for a small catering deal I am currently working on. Easy. For an early morning golf group of women. Thanks. Looking for, easy but good.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I like Tabasco or Franks Hot sauce on mine. I heard of someone mixing in their protein powder, they said it was good...I dunnno lol
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Keto thing: scrambled eggs + cottage cheese
    PSMF thing: chicken breast + cottage cheese

(I've eaten waaay too much cottage cheese)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    Applesauce for sweet.

Salsa or sauerkraut (weird, I know, but it's my skinny girl pierogi cheat) for savory.

Always have it savoury! And I love it with German style shredded red cabbage (kind of pickled like sauerkraut but sweeter). Love it so much and the cabbage is less than 50 kcal for 100g.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,315 Member
    Options
    I use a little ground cinnamon and one drop of orange essential oil. I have also added it to a protein and fruit smoothie.
  • dmmcrae
    dmmcrae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Raisins and cinnamon.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    One apple, one banana and 30 grams of pumpkin seeds - that's breakfast
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Pineapple!
  • zoetalliawhite
    zoetalliawhite Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love cinnamon and raisins!
  • hweid11
    hweid11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sunflower seeds and raisins
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Frozen cherries and raspberries o:)
  • jumpsquats
    jumpsquats Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I mixed my cottage cheese with a tin of tuna for the first time last week. My friend looked at me disgusted with this combination, but it wasn't too bad actually.
  • stuartedwards986
    Options
    I mix a pot of cottage cheese (300g) with 15g chocolate protein powder, 15g peanut butter,10g cacoa powder and 60ml milk. Blend it up and split into two portions. Works out about 200 calories a portions and I cannot get enough of it!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein powder, unsweetened cocoa, cocoa nibs and raspberries.
  • abirdintherain
    abirdintherain Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I once added crushed pineapple and graham crackers to some cottage cheese. If you like cottage cheese, I'm pretty sure it would be delicious, but I just could not make myself like it, lol.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I once added crushed pineapple and graham crackers to some cottage cheese. If you like cottage cheese, I'm pretty sure it would be delicious, but I just could not make myself like it, lol.

I wouldn't want delicious graham crackers to get mushy, but I would totally mix-in pineapple w/ cottage cheese and have graham crackers on the side. Sounds delish!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,055 Member
    Options
    Chopped up hard boiled egg (or just egg white), diced beautiful ripe tomato, and plenty of black pepper. This combination is the only way I like either cottage cheese or boiled eggs.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    A good salsa.
    Sounds weird but so good. Dip a celery stick occasionally too