Meal Prep Ideas

Options
jaysquared92
jaysquared92 Posts: 1 Member
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for incredibly easy meal prep ideas with minimal carbs. I have been trying chicken/ shredded chicken, but I honestly hate it. I am a terrible cook and I don't have time to cook on the week days. I usually prefer to cook on Sundays for the entire work week. Any simple ideas that I could prep for the work week and bring to work would be amazing.

Thank you.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you really want to prep: Every Sunday, cook a meat and veg, portion, cool and freeze, take out one of each the night before or in the morning, bring and reheat. Or you could buy precooked meat and veg, if you don't want to cook.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    There are several old meal prep threads you will want to check out. Tons of great ideas. Here is a link to one of them. community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10541677/meal-preppers-thread/p1

I really get inspired by the YouTube channels Domestic Geek, Fit Couple Cooks and FlavCity with Bobby Parrish. Worth a look.
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like to do pork chops with just seasoned salt and black pepper on them, browned in a frying pan with no oil. If I'm not eating them immediately I leave them a little bit underdone so that they don't get dry during the microwave reheating. If I'm meal prepping them I will make two different grains and two different mixed veggies so I don't get tired of it, and freeze half of them to make sure they stay good.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Look up Mason Jar Salads. Great options there. Also FitMenCook has a pretty awesome selection of prep meals that should meet your needs. I personally don't care about carbs, so I go to Tasty and have fun with their prep meals...if there is too much of something...fat, carbs, etc, I just sub stuff.
  • nolacharm
    nolacharm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This week I made salmon and peppers/mushroom/onion mix in the oven and it's been yummy! I got a 1lbs slab of fresh salmon, put a little EVOO, salt & pepper and Mrs. Dash Herb & Garlic seasoning on it and placed it on a sheet pan. I took my veggies and tossed them with the same seasoning and EVOO and placed them around the salmon. Cooked on 375 for about 15 minutes, took the salmon out and put the veggies back in for another 15-20 minutes. Divided it up for my lunches!
  • tmyatt23
    tmyatt23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here's some of the stuff I make.

04gwwsojh04o.jpg
    cg7vuablxgas.jpg
    3fcunpa2lw25.jpg
    o6r71c2q9y08.jpg
    52vtw290fv8g.jpg
    4enutmxtcxvf.jpg
    xsh6kbu6krpt.jpg
    b6ghrob7zddz.jpg

any reason you went white over brown rice? also what did you put on the rice in the last picture?
  • couturebody
    couturebody Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    tmyatt23 wrote: »
     any reason you went white over brown rice? also what did you put on the rice in the last picture?

I live in Japan so white rice is more accessible than brown. It's also a mix of rice and Japanese barley.
  • lujako
    lujako Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Here's some of the stuff I make.
    Sooo I am guessing delivery is out of the question :) WOW though looks great!
  • shawnielkins
    shawnielkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Could u email me some recipes me and my sister like the pictures very much and were curious on what they are thanks
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I use this site recipes, https://www.changeinseconds.com/recipes/ to try different recipes for my family.

I personally follow the keto diet, however I plan on prepping the following recipe next as part of my meal prep for family members next week.

https://www.changeinseconds.com/chicken-salad-with-lemon-quinoa/

sqdcq61mppxq.jpg
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What great ideas!!!!!!!!
  • SarahBelleT1978
    SarahBelleT1978 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a couple recipes that are my favorites for meal prepping. They are both pretty low calorie as well.

First Recipe:
    1 pound Extra Lean Ground Turkey (99% lean)
    1 can of low sodium black beans (drained and rinsed)
    Salsa
    1 cup cooked brown rice

I divide the turkey, 1/3 cup black beans, 1/4 cup brown rice and 1/4 cup salsa into 5 separate containers. Heat up at lunch and it's delicious! I also season the ground beef with Mrs. Dash and Frank's Hot Sauce.

Second Recipe:
    1 pound Extra Lean Ground Turkey (99% lean)
    1 medium size sweet potato
    1 Zucchini
    1 Yellow pepper

I start by cooking the ground beef (I also season it with Mrs. Dash and Frank's Hot Sauce), then I chop up the sweet potato (soften it up in the microwave for a few minutes so it's easier to cut), yellow bell pepper and zucchini. I throw in all of these ingredients with the ground beef and cook some more. I then divide up into 5 containers...another delicious option!

• Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my prep fairly simple. On Sundays I cook a protein, carb, veggie and fat for breakfast and same for lunches. Jerky/greek yogurt/ protein shakes for in between meals. I like to keep dinners more loose and cook something different fresh every night. For sanitary reasons, I only prep four days ahead and Thursday nights I'll prep again for the weekend.
    Here is a recent prep: 7rcj6flh9fys.jpg