Low calorie food

Options
keziah2017
keziah2017 Posts: 2 Member
I would like some ideas of foods or recepie that are low in calories but I can eat lots of because food it my issue

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should practice how to not overeat, instead? Every day you have a number of calories to eat. It's up to you to administer your intake. You can't have more, but you can eat anything you want for those calories. A healthy diet is balanced and varied, it also keeps you satisfied (not constantly full), happy, strong and energized. Restricting oneself to a limited range of "filling" low calorie foods has the opposite of the desired effect. Build your meals up from these components: Protein, fat, vegetables, starch. Every day, have fruit, dairy, a small amount of nuts/seeds. Eat different foods through the day and from day to day. Sit down and enjoy your meals. Try new recipes occasionally.

If you are truly hungry, first look at your calorie target. You get this number based on height, weight, and desired rate of loss. If you don't have enough fat on you, you can't lose at top speed, and you get a too low calorie target if you set it to 2 pounds. If you try to stick to (I guess) 1200 calories, and that is too little, you get hungry. When you have a good calorie target, you lose weight without starving youself.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Vegetables .... learn to like veg !
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    One of my lunch is a full bag of washed rocket salad (i love rocket), some cherry tomatoes and little can of tuna already flavoured (save me to use any sauce. It comes to 17 calories for the whole bag of rocket (60gr), ~36 calories for the tomatoes (12 of them), and ~155 calories for the tuna (depends on the flavour, I love the sweet thai chili sauce one), so that's approximately just over 200 calories lunch or dinner if you don't mind a salad for dinner