Having a bad few days ,,,,,,anyone else out there experiencing the same

Options
I have had a really bad few days and put on 4 lbs I have to get right back on it ,,,,,,! It's a must

Replies

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I think it was the weekend for bad days going on my feed :D .. I am certainly not impressed by my collapse of will power and lurch in to the world of mindless unlogged/tracked snacking ... or the demoralizing weight gain over the week ... which must be ALL fat ... even though I know perfectly well its just a water/ mini stall

BUT monday .... checked out the trend, its still going the right way over all, reset, keep going, eventually we will get there. Didnt get fat in a weekend, so wont get thin in a weekend either.

Good luck, and stay positive
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I haven’t stopped eating everything in sight since Thursday! Most of it I logged some I didn’t and it’s pretty horrendous but I can’t change it now. So today it stops and I crawl out from under the flaming wreckage of the wagon I fell off of and start eating like I know I should be not like an unsupervised child at an all you can eat junk food buffet
  • kennyscott77377
    kennyscott77377 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yeah, I had a couple of bad days there. I was out at a gig on Saturday and ended up going over by 600 calories. and some of the good even though I am under in terms of calories in V out along with exercise have not been great choices.
    so I'm paying for it today.

but I'm back to healthy eating, and looking after what im doing, and 1 day does not make me or anyone else a terrible person, its about learning and making sure that you can control, and plus we are here to live and occasionally its okay so say - lets forget about control for a day, and enjoy life. the control can come back easily if we let it.
  • birdenerd
    birdenerd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Same here! I ate a lot on valentines day and... just kept eating... A LOT. Decided to take a weekend off of strict logging after a binge episode that was hard to calculate and work on meal prepping some high volume healthy foods for this week to help me stay full. The important part is to keep sticking with it! Hope this week goes better for you!
  • Sallywilliams67
    Sallywilliams67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for all your support and quotes which is very helpful to me I'm a big girl of 15 stone,,,,,,, lost just over a stone and slowly but surely losing but this was herrendous hope I spelt that right ,,,,,,,,,,,4 lb i will keep my fingers crossed and twinkle toes that this goes soon
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Bad days...like a piece of chocolate cake or 40 pieces of fried Chicken AND a piece of chocolate cake?
  • ricka1962
    ricka1962 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Weight decrease or increase is never a straight line when drawn in a chart. Your weight chart will ALWAYS look like the stock market. Ups and downs day by day. What you want to see is the "trend" line going down. So get back on that horse and ride!!!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I had a "bad" week last week. I baked a cheesecake that turned into a #nailedit fail, but still tasted amazing. We ate on that thing all week. Stepped on the scale for my weekly weigh in, and back up 2#'s. Boo. I totally realize it's water weight, but now it's putting my nose back to the grindstone this week. I want to see that number go back down! Always remember a bad day or week isn't going to completely derail you.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I had a bad few days. It’s time to stop the snowball effect and get back on track. I’ve been doing this long enough to know that attaching emotions like guilt to this does not help. Guilt will just drive me into the arms of another brownie sundae. Just stop and get back on track.
  • jnennig4
    jnennig4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I, too, had a few bad days. Went to a sporting event with my husband (for valentine's day) and ate a massive burger, cheese curds and a waffle type dessert. Even tho I felt TERRIBLE, it's a great reminder that we are human and not perfect. We pick ourselves back up the next day and try hard and keep trying.

Feel free to add as a friend! We can all help each other thru these bad days. You're not alone!
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I've been three days without pooping -- and it was constipated poo (having a cat-shaped poo, like 1-3 oz.) I ate a whole lot of fiber -- apples, salads, and beans. And it was "Whoa, Nellie!"
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Meh. Don't sweat the little blips.

I had a "free weekend". Not a binge because it was planned; not a 'refeed' because it wasn't that controlled. I was at a 3-day music festival for 10-12 hours each day and most of my eating consisted of what I call "fair food" (everything deep fried or sugar coated, lots of sodium, along with plenty of beer). I ate/drank whatever I wanted and enjoyed every bite/sip of it....on Saturday alone, my intake was over 5000 calories. Great weekend of music, friends and food. My weight went up 4.1 pounds from Friday morning to Sunday morning.

I got right back to my normal routine on Monday and by this morning (Tuesday), I was back down to a pound below where I was on Friday (5.1 pound loss from Sunday's weight). Which is pretty much exactly what I knew was going to happen, because I've done this plenty of times and don't even worry about the temporary gains because I know exactly what they are and why they happen - and that they're only temporary.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've been in a calorie deficit now 16 days. The past 3 have seen me check in with weight gains. Meh.
  • rsantomauro
    rsantomauro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been through Weight Watcher's 3X now and have learned a lot of lessons. The #1 lesson is to remain dedicated and to be consistent even if you get depressed or slip. One of the best ways to be consistent is to start out every single day by weighing yourself. Some experts will tell you not to do this, but I found that doing so sets the tone for the day ahead and makes me think and focus about healthy living, eating and exercise from the outset! Settling into a regular routine for exercise and most importantly tracking food and drink is important. There is no way I could be successful without tracking my food/drink intake. I have a notebook that I use to jot down everything and I then enter it all into MYFITNESSPAL. I was using Weight Watchers and attending meetings and that worked great to get me to this level where I am stuck. I have had a few slips, the last time was about a week ago and I put on 3 lbs, but was able to shed it right away by remaining consistent to my plan of action. Good luck!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I've been a mess. Literally over eating every day for days on end. I don't understand what is wrong with me :(
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I've been a mess. Literally over eating every day for days on end. I don't understand what is wrong with me :(

I’ve had a long look and I can tell you there is absolutely positively undeniabley nothing wrong with you :)