Trying Something A Bit Different

Options
I never used to really count macros last time I got close to my goal. This time I'm trying a workout program that's got me eating more (about 1800) than I'm used to (1300 or so). I don't tend to burn much in the way of calories day to day - according to my fitbit. On a good day I MIGHT reach 2,000 calories. I'm feeling good about this program but a little nervous about my macros. I'm afraid I won't be able to use them effectively. I've been enjoying intermittent fasting and the program recommends eating every 3 hours - definitely can't do that with my job. Hoping for the best. Any advice appreciated (esp food ideas)!

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant for weight loss. Meal timing is more of a preference thing. If you feel better eating every few hours, go for it. But it's not necessary at all.
    Some people find that eating in a time window helps them with adherence. It makes no difference for me either way.
    I prefer my macros evenly split but you'll have to figure out what works best for you. Macros have nothing to do with weight loss though. If your looking to lose weight, that will come down to a calorie deficit.
  • BrianJohnson2015
    BrianJohnson2015 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Do a shake it’s healthy and easy to fit in while at work. It might be filling so try to do it when you usually lack energy for me that’s early afternoon at work