Is Watermelon bad?!

Hey guys.

So after a long day i had some grilled drumsticks for dinner and then a big amount of watermelon after, i do know that it contains alot of sugar but still i had a large amount and i'm feeling guilty atm.

So is it too bad or makes me gain weight?

Thanks

Replies

• jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    edited February 2018
    It will only make you gain weight if it took you over your maintenance calories. Unlikely but possible if you ate a huge amount like the whole watermelon. Did you weigh the amount you ate?
  • Tariq_1997
    Tariq_1997 Posts: 143 Member
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    It will only make you gain weight if it took you over your maintenance calories. Unlikely but possible if you ate a huge amount like the whole watermelon. Did you weigh the amount you ate?

I'm pretty sure i only hit 1800 till now it's 10:34 pm. But no i didn't eat the whole watermelon, maybe 25% of it lol
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Tariq_1997 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

So after a long day i had some grilled drumsticks for dinner and then a big amount of watermelon after, i do know that it contains alot of sugar but still i had a large amount and i'm feeling guilty atm.

So is it too bad or makes me gain weight?

Thanks

How much did it weigh? What was the size of your portion in grams or ounces? How many calories did that put on your chart for the day?

I ate a massive watermelon over a few days last week. Cut it into approximately equal portions, weighed the skin on the first day, and subtracted from the total weight of that portion, and used that as a guide for the following days.

Didn't put me over my daily calories on any of those days.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Watermelon is delicious. Enjoy. It doesn't matter what foods we eat its all about consistently staying within our calorie allowance.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Yes. Watermelon has been scientifically proven to be one of the 5 worst foods for dieting by (insert worthless source here).

Also spot fat removal is a thing and water has calories.

No.

You forgot to mention that even though cave men never ate watermelon if you use this "weird tip" (eat it while standing on your head and squirt the left over juice up your nose while still standing on your head) that none of the calories count. Of course that "weird tip" only works for standard red watermelons so if you want to know what to do with seedless red watermelons or the yellow ones, you will have to buy the book of "weird tips".
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    It's only bad if it robs a bank.

^This, lol. There's no such thing as a "bad" food. CICO is good. ;)