Average Bicep size?

Options
1235»

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    The OP is female. I believe she is fine for bf%. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it around ~20%?

Yea 16% is very lean, I usually start bulking at 17-18% (estimated).
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Eeeeep! I am feeling a little inadequate. I have always thought my uper body looks amazing. Even when I am a higher weight that I would like I look in the mirror and feel proud of myself. My shoulders, arms, back look awesome. When I start to trim a little of the fat I see lines coming out in my arms and feel like my hard work has paid off.

I just measured and I am 10.5 unflexed, 11 flexed. Maybe it isn't that bad cause I am only 5 feet tall?
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am 43, 5 foot 5, not small framed and 172 lbs at the moment. My biceps are 13 - 13.5 inches.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Ugh. You ladies are making me feel fat. 10?? I've never had a 10 inch arm in my life.

After 3 months of being at 9, today my biceps are at a whopping 9.5. :s

Can I borrow some of yours?

It can take awhile but the guns will grow!

I'm also sorry about the "my wrist" thing. I thought I was joking around but I wasn't really thinking straight.

Awwwww don't feel bad! I was joking too because we're the complete opppsites. I thought your comment was funny because my sister (who is my best friend and biggest supporter) makes comments like that often. :)
    Ugh. You ladies are making me feel fat. 10?? I've never had a 10 inch arm in my life.

Keep working, you're doing great!
    sardelsa wrote: »

You are doing so amazing. I know how hard you work and how far you have come.. keep up the great work

Thanks so much to all of you! I have learned a lot from MFP, especially on this board. Even though I don't post often, I read tons, and you all helped tremendously.

I'm much healthier, but the vain side of me expected them to be bigger by now. I suppose I'm the odd non competitive woman that initially wanted more on arms/upper body first before anywhere else. :D i will keep going, that's for sure!

Okay thanks. Sometimes my real life personality comes off wrong via the internet.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Geeze, no one's arms look bad. I started that insecure vibe because I was literally surprised mine were a whole inch or two bigger than some. It made me feel a little beefy. But we are sexy with sexy arms.
  • jenandjoon
    jenandjoon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    16% isn’t high for a woman. I don’t think I’ll ever get down to 10% unless I was in a competition. Even then...I have boobs. That makes up for like 5% right? :D
    kaizaku wrote: »
    16% bf is high. You said, you on a bulk. Go on the cut. Once bf% goes to 10 at least you would be ready. Single digit bf% ideal. Not too low unless you competing plus it won't look good. It will be toned, with definition.

• BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    When I flex it’s 12..but I also am currently in a deficit to cut down some body fat. I would say the true number is around 11 if I was leaner.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    jenandjoon wrote: »
    No. My arms have no tone when they’re at rest. I think that has to do with not cutting yet? I’m not sure. I’m new to this. I’m not looking for someone to make me feel good, just information so I can progress correctly.
    jenandjoon wrote: »
    Well my bf is 16% and my muscle is 36.4%.
    Think it depends on how muscular they are. I cut down to 11 inches and bulked back to 12. I think 12 is on the larger side but it is going to look way different depending on the amount of muscle vs. fat AND how lean you are, if you are muscular.

What do you want me to say? Are you happy with your biceps?
    If you're 16% bodyfat, that's near bodybuilding competitive percentages. Pretty lean for a female so you should be showing a lot of definition. How are you measuring the bodyfat %?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Umm... this is from early 2018 😉
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,266 Member
    Options
    Umm... this is from early 2018 😉

Reawakened by a spammer whose post has now gone bye-bye to the spamarama bit bucket.