What do you supplement with?

Options
2»

Replies

• AlvinZhen
    AlvinZhen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5g of creating monohydrate and occasionally vitamin c pill!
  • 1morris_muscle
    1morris_muscle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Creatine, whey isolate, bcaa (eaa's would be better) vitamins d3, k2, c, b12, multivitamin, some others but too tired to look up the names lol
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    jiggyj9 wrote: »
    Makes sense! So I would say I am eating at a surplus, but it hasn’t been very consistent, up until I started using this app which has really been a game changer for me (the missing piece if you will).

Over the two weeks so far of tracking my intake, my issue though is that I get full usually before my goal. So I’m resorting to protein shakes and scoops of peanut butter at night.

The other thing is, when you are eating in a surplus, how do you manage the extra fat/bloatedness that seems to get stored around the tummy? I’ve been considering adding a day at the gym that is strictly cardio or HIIT.

Is it fat, or bloat? Being in a surplus to gain muscle also causes you to put on fat... It's inevitable. To reduce the amount of fat, reduce the size of your surplus...
  • fat_engineer
    fat_engineer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Multi vit. And fish oil daily. Whey almost daily to depending on my protein intake. Glutamine after workouts it a whey shake. And pre workout some times before workouts
  • jiggyj9
    jiggyj9 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Makes sense! So I would say I am eating at a surplus, but it hasn’t been very consistent, up until I started using this app which has really been a game changer for me (the missing piece if you will).

Over the two weeks so far of tracking my intake, my issue though is that I get full usually before my goal. So I’m resorting to protein shakes and scoops of peanut butter at night.

The other thing is, when you are eating in a surplus, how do you manage the extra fat/bloatedness that seems to get stored around the tummy? I’ve been considering adding a day at the gym that is strictly cardio or HIIT.

Is it fat, or bloat? Being in a surplus to gain muscle also causes you to put on fat... It's inevitable. To reduce the amount of fat, reduce the size of your surplus...

Honestly, I'm not totally sure. I don't have anything currently to measure my fat percentage. It feels like a little bit of both. I would say bloat around the belly, but I notice some extra cellulite creeping up in my butt.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I’ll put some glutamine in my whey protein...and I take D3 and a multi-vitamin.
  • monicalifestylefitness
    Options
    I use Bcca’s and glutamine in my water during training. Only supplement with protein powder if I can’t hit my goal of 125.. because I can’t digest protein powder to well. Multivitamin & biotin as well
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My PWO stack is Creatine, Beta-Alanine, Citrulline Malate with Caffeine pill (or I simply drink coffee). I also take multivitamins (small dose when bulking, the full dose when I am cutting), Vitamin D3, Fish Oil, Magnesium (I've been sleeping much better since taking them, placebo effect??? Who cares, it solved that issue big time), Calcium
  • kstar0327
    kstar0327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    protein powder whey powder since I always have an issue getting my protein in
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Pea protein isolate, BCAA's, Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin D 5,000iu, 3 months on/3 months off Echinacea, Psyllium husk and Slippery Elm.
  • Silkysausage
    Options
    What are everyone’s protein intake goals per day?

I’m struggling to figure out exactly how much protein I should be intaking (been lifting for years but just started MFP/tracking my calories and nutrients). I’m 130 pounds and trying to gain more lean muscle, and my goal right now is set to around 130 grams per day.

If you're trying to grow, are you in a calorie surplus?

I have 130g at the moment too... About 140lbs, in a deficit to lose weight.

Is that a photo of you by the way!
  • Silkysausage
    Options
    Fair enough! I am currently following a progressive overload program. I think lowering my fiber may be key... I keep seeming to go over my daily fiber goal.

I can't have to much fibre as I have IBS but as a vegan it's a bit tricky but things like peeling apples, swapping quinoa for millet and using psyllium husk caps every day keeps things 'regular' *ahem*
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, creatine and caffeine.

Protein goals 172g per day, I weigh in at 172lbs.
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    @jiggyj9 I take protein powder daily, cause otherwise it's kind of tough for me to hit my goal of 1g/lb of weight (currently eating at a deficit to cut down), protein's just too damn satiating and filling for me and it gets a little gross sometimes trying to eat like a giant omlette with a protein shake and a lot of dairy afterwards :D

I was taking 3-4k IU D3 but it's been getting sunnier so I'm going to bump that down by 1k soon. Otherwise, fish oil/Omega3 as I don't always eat fish and some B complex.