Gaining weight unintentionally

Options
jmusana2011
jmusana2011 Posts: 1 Member
I've just about had enough!
A friend hooked me up with thsi app and it's been a great learning tool.
I was not eating enough. About 1200 without thinking about it.
I'm 52 yr old female, 4-5 yrs menopausal. A year off of a health hell with too many meds.
Never was heavy and after kids it would not stay off. 20 lbs easy then nothing no matter what I did.
I'm dairy and gluten free and none of it made an ounce of difference in my weight
I'm a great water drinker.
If sticking to something made me thin I'd be invisible.
I have a very active physical job. On my feet and moving constantly. Lots of cardio.

I tried upping my calories and lost 5 lbs right away then I'm gaining. So I went down in Calories again. Still gaining.
I have no clue what's going on.

I don't over eat. I eat well and healthy. No salt in my foods usually.
This is ridiculous.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    If you are not losing weight, you must eating the the right amount of calories to maintain. Do you use a food scale to weigh everything?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How long have you tried each method?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    From this post, I have no idea what your goal is. Are you trying to lose or gain? You need to stay at a method/calorie goal for at least a couple weeks to see if it's right for you.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Something tells me you don't accurately weigh your food. 1200 calories is already way too low for someone who is supposedly active as you say, so the only thing I am sure of is if you actually weigh yourself correctly or if you have some sort of health issues like thyroid or whatever it's called that makes losing weight difficult. If you tell me that you actually weigh your food correctly, then all I can suggest you is to see a doctor.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    This would probably get better advice in the general diet section as you do not want to gain but are.