Weight Gaining

Options
Hi All, I am having problems with putting on weight at the moment, is there any good places to get a meal plan from or the best foods to eat.

Thanks in Advancce

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Try pre-logging your whole day's worth of food into mfp. Adjust the types and quantities of food to meet your calorie goal, in a volume you can manage.

There is no "best", but if you struggle to get enough calories, calorie dense foods will be your best bet (high fat especially)
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi All, I am having problems with putting on weight at the moment, is there any good places to get a meal plan from or the best foods to eat.

Thanks in Advancce

No foods will make you gain weight. I won't go much into details, you can make your own research, but in short, try finding your TDEE (your maintenance calories) and once you know what it is, eat 250 calories above that number. It doesn't matter where you get your food, just make sure you eat at a minimum 0.8g per pound of bodyweight of protein, make sure you get enough fiber and micronutrients and don't be affraid of junk food if you struggle to reach your calories intake. As long as you cover all those basis, you should be gaining weight. I suggest you check videos about lean bulking and "if it fits your macros", you will get a longer and much more detailed version on how it all works.

One thing I forgot to add, track and measure every food that goes into your mouth.