Weight Lifting Friends

Options
I am fairly new to the weight training world, but I’m loving it so far. I lost 40 pounds with the help of myfitnesspal and now want to focus on building muscle and strength. I’m looking to add more friends with similar goals. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced weight lifter. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have literally this week hit my goal weight and am shifting from fat loss to muscle building and strength ... looks like we are in the same place
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Good job on losing 40 lbs, what are your plans now? Will you be bulking or doing recomp?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the lifting community. The best thing you can do is get onto a well structured routine like NROL4W, StrongCurves or TLS. This are all solid templates to ensure a balanced lifting routine.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome, congrats on your successful weight loss and good luck on your weight training. There are a lot of good resources here but just remember that not all the advice is good. Just remember that nutrition will be just as big of a factor as weight training in order to obtain your goals.

Best of luck to you.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I lift! I'm not an expert, but I am definitely stronger and know more than when I started. I focus mostly on bench, squat, deads, OHP, some rows and pullups and add in some extra glute work with bridges, thrusts, and split/ single leg squats.
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I´m almost at the same stage and would also enjoy some builders in my feed and not only people who try to lose weight. Feel free to add me!
  • walton185
    walton185 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiit training and circuits work wonders for me burn fat without wasting muscle
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! Feel free to add me. I'm an experienced lifter. Just did my 8th powerlifter meet last month