wallyr1
wallyr1 Posts: 20 Member
Stats:
6’0
176lb
~13% bf
21year old
Workout 6-7days a week

I’m currently bulking at 3200 calories. 1-2nights out of the week I end up overeating by a good meal (600-800 calories). This usually happens if I eat all my calories earlier in the day and have none left by night. When this happens, should I just move forward, or do y’all suggest I eat less the following day?
Honestly whenever I end up overeating I try to skip breakfast and/or lunch the following day to make up for it and it really *kitten* with me mentally. I’m just trying to avoid getting into bad eating/binging habits.

All advice appreciated.

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    What has your rate of weight gain looked like?
  • 99JT
    99JT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't be that big of a deal don't skip meals Just keep an eye on how much weight your gaining and adjust calories as needed aim for 2-3 lbs a month.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat much less the next day, especially if that sets you up for another binge. Best thing to do is figure out your triggers and work with it. If it is not having enough cals at the end of the day, try your best to preplan so you do. Also don't worry about single high days, worry more about overall calories and gain rate (obviously you don't want to ziz-zag cals too much, within reason is fine)
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Stats:
    6’0
    176lb
    ~13% bf
    21year old
    Workout 6-7days a week

I’m currently bulking at 3200 calories. 1-2nights out of the week I end up overeating by a good meal (600-800 calories). This usually happens if I eat all my calories earlier in the day and have none left by night. When this happens, should I just move forward, or do y’all suggest I eat less the following day?
    Honestly whenever I end up overeating I try to skip breakfast and/or lunch the following day to make up for it and it really *kitten* with me mentally. I’m just trying to avoid getting into bad eating/binging habits.

All advice appreciated.

If your consistently binging one day a week, then have a lower caloric day during the week. It all depends how much damage you get. I mean if that one or two days of food binging causes you to gain 0,5 lbs per week gain, don't change anything to your diet....but if you consistently gain massive wait (1 lb and up per week), then fixing is needed to your diet, you either reduce calories throughout the week so that you could have the one day of overeating or simply plan it in advance. If you know this Saturday you're going to a restaurant, just make sure before going there to eat only high protein food with little carbs and fats during the day so that for supper you have room for both carbs and fats while ensuring you hit your minimum protein for the day. There are plenty of strategies to curb it, it's up to you to find what suits you best.

If you don't binge on a weekly basis, then there's no need to change anything in your diet. A 1 off cheat day is not the end of the world.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry much. You're young and on the thin side. Hammer the weights and just eat. I wouldn't stress over it.