Exercise

Options
I recommend doing yoga. Yoga is something anyone can do, however if you don’t like yoga that’s fine. But for those of you who would like doing something the will make you lose weight and decrease your calories per day then I recommend yoga.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Yoga isn't going to "make you lose weight," only a calorie deficit can do that. Yoga can be part of an overall plan to create a deficit, but it really doesn't burn that many calories.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    That’s debatable.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    That’s debatable.

:D
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do yoga, I burn very few calories doing yoga.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I got overweight doing yoga, so no.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I recommend doing yoga. Yoga is something anyone can do, however if you don’t like yoga that’s fine. But for those of you who would like doing something the will make you lose weight and decrease your calories per day then I recommend yoga.

I don't think the weight loss benefits of yoga center around calorie burn. It's other factors that can help with weight loss.

For example yoga can help reduce stress, make one more body conscious, and help with range of motion. These are positives but not directly tied to weight loss.

https://www.livescience.com/35962-yoga-weight-loss.html
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I like yoga for lots of reasons but non related directly to weight loss the way you're implying. I have joint problems and yoga helps with that pain so I can be more physically active and sleep better.