Favourite workout?

Options
What are y'all's favourite workouts to do that DON'T include equipment?

Replies

• L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Does my bike count? Either way, it can also be done running; but some of the ones I like are:

1) 3x10 min @ 90% of threshold, w/2' recovery in between each. Workout progresses to 3x60' @ 90% of threshold w/2' recovery between each. One of the best aerobic and endurance building workouts I've done.

2) 3x7' @ 105%-110% of threshold, w/1' easy jog/pedal recovery between each. Progresses by making subtle increases in wattage or pace each time.

3) 1 hour at 80-85% of threshold, progressing to 4-5 hours at 80%-85% of threshold.

4) 3 sets of either sixteen or twenty minutes of: 3' "under" at 90% of FTP, 1 min "over" at 130%. The over goes directly into the under, so it's a strong pace followed by a very hard pace directly back into a strong pace, repeated 3,4, or 5 times.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I mostly cycle...
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Favorite favorite is dancing all evening!

Hiking at the zoo (the only shaded hilly area in town), yoga and riding my bike are pretty fun, as well. Oh, and tomorrow I am going sailing! Swabbing the decks isn't my favorite, but it keeps my boat as healthy as it keeps me.

The squats and push ups and physical therapy exercises are just so that I can be better at the rest.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Workout as in a specific exercise or workout as in a workout program?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Walking!

(And my strength training includes some body-weight exercises, but the full workout also uses other equipment.)
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    A long slow endurance run. Conversational pace, or a tad slower, no pressure of keeping a time, scenery to see, and , perhaps, a friend with whom to talk. Just a nice break from all that bothers.
  • adele012
    adele012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Glute bridges
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Trail running! No equipment necessary (I run barefoot so don’t even need shoes) :#
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing, running outside
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Insanity Max30.
  • Puppy_love_81
    Puppy_love_81 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Zumba
  • wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Meh, another cyclist here. I mostly do endurance rides. Metric century rides are my bread and butter, with once a month centuries for fun. :)

Off the bike, I have mandatory 5K runs every Wednesday thanks to my place of employment. :P
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    jump squats and mountain climbers.
  • lolsydnee
    lolsydnee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Workout as in a specific exercise or workout as in a workout program?

Workouts as in a specific exercise :)
  • LewisAMartinez
    LewisAMartinez Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hiking. Burns a bunch of calories and let's me see places 99.9 % of the population will never see.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    lolsydnee wrote: »
    What are y'all's favourite workouts to do that DON'T include equipment?

No equipment?

Stair climbing. I can climb the stairs in my office in whatever I happen to be wearing, although if I'm wearing high heels, I'll switch to slip on flats.

Walking. Although, again, I switch to walking shoes.

Hiking. But ... hiking shoes.

Running. With running shoes.

But my main sport is long distance cycling. :) At least one full (imperial) century a month, plus longer rides (audax/randonneuring). And then a bunch of shorter rides to work on hill climbing, speed etc. But for that, I need a bicycle. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    wendsg wrote: »
    Meh, another cyclist here. I mostly do endurance rides. Metric century rides are my bread and butter, with once a month centuries for fun. :)

Off the bike, I have mandatory 5K runs every Wednesday thanks to my place of employment. :P

Hi!

I don't know if I can post a link here, but I host a CAM Challenge group on Facebook. If you're interested, you might be able to find it by searching for Century.a.Month or Cycling - Century-a-Month (C-CaM).

By "century" we mean 100 miles. :)
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Horseback riding (beginner dressage and jumping)! Great core and leg burner especially if the horse I'm riding is feeling pokey.