I am so ready in my 60's

Options
i am so ready to getbmy head on straight and think about me for a change not complaining but it is now or never i need now

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Never too late! welcome!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    No never too late I'm 70
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    I made some progress in my 50s but now I am working full time with a commute and struggling to get in more exercise and that helps me lose. So I am here ready to get fitter too in my 60s
  • carlald56
    carlald56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in my 60s too- this should be fun.
    I hope your journey goes well. :)
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • mlolson1001
    mlolson1001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I can't believe I'm turning 65 in a few months!! I know I need to lose weight (about 70 pounds), and exercise. I have fibromyalgia, and I hurt a lot, but wonder if I'm using this problem as an excuse to not exercise. When I really try to be honest with myself, I'm pretty sure I'd feel better if I at least walked more everyday. I spend most of my time by myself (my hubby is an over-the-road trucker), and the hobbies that I enjoy doing require me to sit most of the time. I quilt and do family history. Joining "My Fitness Pal" is my start at getting healthier. Thanks for listening! :smile:
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm working to get back on track. I'm 54 and it's time for me to take care of me. Good luck to you. We got this!
  • BillyJohn1951
    BillyJohn1951 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 66 and trying hard to shed some pounds too. The sixties are no longer old age! I just decided, enough was enough and am going all out to get fitter and enjoy life. The best of luck to you.
  • Keto60man
    Keto60man Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the keto diet?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to an MFP group for "seasoned citizens". Stop by there if you like. Lots of good folks who have been there and done that.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group
  • Ron_in_NC
    Ron_in_NC Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    61 here, and going strong!
  • MsSabrina56
    MsSabrina56 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and started a new weight lose journey at the beginning of this year ( I only eat sea food as meat, no cheese, no eggs). I love to dance so I do LETS DANCE dvd maybe twice a week. I also have a mini trampoline where I've placed close to the sofa so during commercial instead of fast forwarding thru them I use that time to jump at least three times a week for about 500 jumps. I love walking also so during the worst weather I walk on my treadmill and on other days I walk outside somewhere everyday even Malls
  • MsSabrina56
    MsSabrina56 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5acdh323jhne.png