Oh dear, fell off the snack control wagon

Options
Will power vanished today... kept going back for another serving of pretzels at work, came home and ate some dark chocolate chips by the handful......
My only excuse is that I had such a debilitating headache where I was checking the clock until it was time to take more medicine, and unfortunately I work in lab with machines constantly making whirring noises and periodically beeping that is uncomfortable to work in for hours even when feeling well.

But when the machine I use was heating up, I made myself move and do some laps around the building, I got myself to low intensity exercise class and did fine, and instead of having wine and chocolate for dessert I put back the wine in light of the handfuls of chocolate I consumed. Some habits are sticking even though all of them didn't stick today.

Tomorrow I'm motivated to hop back on the snack control wagon and to anyone else who had a bad Monday good luck to you too.

Replies

• Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the positive comeback at the exercise class and avoiding the dessert!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you made a good recovery. Hope your head feels better.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Any chance you can wear discrete earplugs on rough days to help muffle the pounding? Maybe get a prescription for it if they give you any trouble over it.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    No that would be unsafe unfortunately. We aren't even allowed to listen to music through earbuds, in case you accidentally don't hear someone walking who is carrying chemicals and you bump into them, chemicals go everywhere, chaos ensues...etc etc. It unfortunately has actually happened to people before.