Enjoyed these!
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    Loved those. Thanks for posting!
  • Aquarii
    Aquarii Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow, the dude one totally describes me. ._.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post.:drinker:
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    tnx 4 sharing

very inspiring and useful article :)
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Thanks I feel I may to read this again soon!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    :heart: I needed to read this and I think some of my friends do too. Thank you! :drinker:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Great links:drinker: saving them for future reference.
  • dolphin_queen
    Options
    bump
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Bump
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I agree with the ignoring the part of your body that isn't great. If I focused on the fact that my triceps and abs are never going to look perfect no matter how much exercise I do, I would give up. Other people don't notice your problems areas when you are confident and relaxed. Plus is it amazing how great your posture becomes when you are confident! I did get rid of any before pictures that didn't look good, because I don't need to use shame to keep my weight off. I am now just more healthy. Because I am losing weight for my health, how I look or looked isn't as important, and I think THAT helps you keep the weight off more than anything. People should love and appreciate themselves no matter what size they are - don't make the mistake of not loving the body you were given because you don't like something about it, or because of what someone else has said or tried to label you, just love it more by supporting it with healthy behavior. Don't get me wrong, I look in the mirror all the time, because I forget how much smaller I am now, and it surprises me. I also buy the clothes I always wanted to wear and have fun with it. I DO appreciate the physical benefits too, they just aren't my main reasons for losing and keeping it off. Also, I just packed up all my larger sizes to give away. Moving forward and not looking back, getting rid of the safety net is the way to go. I don't hold on to a pack of cigarettes to remind myself I used to smoke, I don't need to hold onto the old clothes to remind myself I was larger at one time either. I am still Kelly. I am just a healthier one.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Former fat boy/skinny boy syndrome...it's all the same thing. But I've learned that the reason that some people were fat or skinny before is simply due to eating habits, hormones, metabolic perturbations over time, anxiety levels, and natural genetic metabolic tendencies (this one probably being the least important).

I've learned that we all just have to find out own ideal calorie/macro/micro balance, and then stick with it and modify as needed. For reasons I noted above as well as probably a few others, some people need a few hundred more calories than average, and some need a few hundred less, even at the same activity levels/physical stats.

Just because we were fat or skinny before does not mean we can't build muscle as well as someone who was fortunate to already start out very muscular. We're all into weight training. We wouldn't be into it and sticking with it so long if we weren't mesomorphic to some degree...individuals naturally gravitate to those activities they are good at.

You can do it!
  • Breezy3
    Breezy3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. I found them both to be very interesting reading and I plan to learn from their experiences.
  • AnsiStar
    AnsiStar Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow...I seriously needed to read this. It's like the story of my life O_O except I have never been fat or even overweight. Just unhappy with how I looked
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Former fat boy/skinny boy syndrome...it's all the same thing. But I've learned that the reason that some people were fat or skinny before is simply due to eating habits, hormones, metabolic perturbations over time, anxiety levels, and natural genetic metabolic tendencies (this one probably being the least important).

I've learned that we all just have to find out own ideal calorie/macro/micro balance, and then stick with it and modify as needed. For reasons I noted above as well as probably a few others, some people need a few hundred more calories than average, and some need a few hundred less, even at the same activity levels/physical stats.

Just because we were fat or skinny before does not mean we can't build muscle as well as someone who was fortunate to already start out very muscular. We're all into weight training. We wouldn't be into it and sticking with it so long if we weren't mesomorphic to some degree...individuals naturally gravitate to those activities they are good at.

You can do it!
    Great post. I agree!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Like he was writing about me. GET OUT OF MY HEAD! LOL