healty natural weigh gain

Options
Greetings fitness pals,

I'm 6'2" 153lbs and under weight my goal is simple as to gain some mass, it's amazing how many sites there is out there to lose weight, but nothing for hard gainers, I have tried countless programs, and numerous so called weight gainers but it seems I'm flushing it down the toilet so to speak, I have been told by my friends or family for years I was once at your weight then my metabolism kicked in, but being that I'm now 33 and basically the same weight I was years ago I don't see this logical, I setup account at myfitnesspal to track my food / cal intake which is passive chore and other kicker I'm trying to gain weigh with healthy diet, cos what's point in putting garbage in your body if your colon or something else has to suffer, I know this isn't ideal weigh gaining conditions, but I have faith there is someone out there with similar experiences, that can share there own knowledge. so far Scooby s workshop has been excellent resource as well as picking up vitamineral green and warrior food which has zero whey, anyways my typical w work out consistent on strength training, pushups, pushing/ pulling from active job for UPS. thanks for listening and appreciate all feedback. peace n blessing.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How many cals do you net per day?
  • nobodyfamous
    nobodyfamous Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    my goal is 3200, some days I'm under or so I believe based on my logging
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Well if you're not gaining...eat more.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Simply what GODfidence said.. eat more. I'm currently 140-145 lbs and bulking, and it's simple! Just eat!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You may need to eat more. I am a 5'7 , 143pound, 32 year old female factory worker. I am on my feet most of the day, at home or work (I have kids, need I say more lol) . I am either standing, or moving boxes or pushing loads of bread around. Currently I am maintaining at about 3000 cals on week days, and not stressing if I don't eat so much on weekends. So there's a chance to me that you need to eat more. I understand you don't want to eat too much 'junk' . Ways I added calories last week were, butter in my mushrooms, that I put on my T-bone steak , peanut butter on toast , little things like that, I also have chocolate. Sometimes too much, but if I feel like it and I have reached my protein targets, I am happy.
  • nobodyfamous
    nobodyfamous Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    it's simple to say eat more, but what ?

as my understanding the human body can only take in so much with it being crapped out. hence my dilemma.
  • jt0405
    jt0405 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Goto LiftBigEatBig, it talks about eating to gain. Like heavy on the protein and carbs and light on the veggies and fruit.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options

as my understanding the human body can only take in so much with it being crapped out. hence my dilemma.

Without looking at your diary, more fats, so full fat milk, yoghurt things like that. Nuts and seeds have a lot of fats in them. Make sure you use a little oil in cooking. Real butter where possible. Fats have more calories per gram than protein and carbs. Higher carb foods also seem to have more calories, atheist to me. So pasta is good. A little more rice than you would normally have, like 10-15 grams can add a difference.

Another thought, instead of always focusing on weight, maybe set yourself strength goals. I know most people on a solid weight training program, get really hungry. While building strength , you may like the changes in your body too .:smile:
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options

10 tbsp peanut butter= about 1000 calories and it's not heavy.
    Avocados are super healthy and super high calorie with good fats.
    A 10 egg omelet=700 calories and 60 grams protein.
    Avoid low fat,"diet", and get full fat,full carb foods.