underweight

Options
hiya im about 1 stone underweight but want to gain it healthy (not with junk) any advice?:smile:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat all the food, and lift stuff!
  • RoBalance
    RoBalance Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Nuuuuts.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Things like nuts, peanut butter, avocado, oily fish, cheese, etc can all be high in calories but are good for you, so you could eat more of those if you are struggling to reach your calorie goals. If you don't have a problem eating your calories and are just after a healthy, balanced diet, just make sure you are getting as close to your macros as possible. Most here go 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat.
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thankyou for all your advice and help :smile: i do find it hard to reach my calorie goal i get full so quick suppose i just have to find ways of adding extra calories where you dont have to eat alot of food to get them :smile:
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    thankyou for all your advice and help :smile: i do find it hard to reach my calorie goal i get full so quick suppose i just have to find ways of adding extra calories where you dont have to eat alot of food to get them :smile:

That's where things like whole milk, oil, olives, nuts, avocado, and non-diet foods come into play. Here's an example:

Breakfast:
    1 bowl of oatmeal (made w/ 3/4 cup oatmeal dry (225), 1 cup whole milk (150), and 2 tbsp pb (190) = 565 calories)

Lunch:
    chicken/shrimp/tofu stir fry (made w/ 4 oz protein of choice (120), 1 serving rice (150), 1 tbsp oil (120), and 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (50) = 440 calories)

Dinner:
    salad (w/ 4 oz protein (120), 1 oz oil (120), 1 oz balsamic vinegar (30), 1 oz slivered almonds (160), lettuce/veggies (50) = 480 calories)

Snacks:
    2 oz cheddar cheese = 200

1 large banana (120) w/ 2 tbsp nut butter (190) = 310 calories

Total: ~1995 calories. If you're exercising you can add a shake which can easily be another 500 calories.
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thats a GREAT help thankyou :smile: and it doesnt seem too much food to fit in and healthy also. hard to think myself of addin extra food but when you get a guide seem easier :smile: