How to build muscle?

Options
How exercise can make your own leg muscle strength! And all of the body's muscles! I beg you to give me about what sport can do from home to make their muscles are revealed!

Replies

• ishi1xp
    Options
    Well it really depends if your a guy or a girl, guys have an easier time building muscle because of their testosterone levels.
    If you want to build muscle then there are a few things that u have to keep in mind:
    1) You are not gonna build muscle if your calorie deficit [cutting]
    2)you build muscle by stimulating them [Hypertrophy] you do this by resistance training =]

To sum up the things I've said above in layman terms...
    To build muscle, You have to eat alot of calories and have a protein rich diet, keep in mind that this applies if you aren't overweight, if your skinny and want to build muscle then you should follow what i just said, but if your tad bit over weight its best if you cut down on your calories, clear up your diet lose the fat and then Gain muscle by working out at least 3-5 times a week

I've barley scratched the surface... there is so much more information about building muscle but the 4 major things that the principal foundations of building muscles are
    1)Mental Focus/ Desire
    2)Nutrition/diet
    3)workout
    4)sleep

Good luck =]
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    Well it really depends if your a guy or a girl, guys have an easier time building muscle because of their testosterone levels.
    If you want to build muscle then there are a few things that u have to keep in mind:
    2)you build muscle by stimulating them [Hypertrophy] you do this by resistance training =]

To build muscle, You have to eat alot of calories and have a protein rich diet, keep in mind that this applies if you aren't overweight, if your skinny and want to build muscle then you should follow what i just said, but if your tad bit over weight its best if you cut down on your calories, clear up your diet lose the fat and then Gain muscle by working out at least 3-5 times a week

I've barley scratched the surface... there is so much more information about building muscle but the 4 major things that the principal foundations of building muscles are
    1)Mental Focus/ Desire
    2)Nutrition/diet
    3)workout
    4)sleep

Good luck =]

Good summary.

Where you say depends if your a guy or a girl, it makes no difference to training though?
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Eat.
    Lift Heavy on a good well planned novice program.

Those are the basics to it.
  • ishi1xp
    Options
    @Harrisonsauntie
    well generalizing if your a girl you main objective would probably be to get toned [meaning higher reps lower weights] rather than lifting heavy and gain lots of muscle, on the other hand if your a guy depending on the person, guys usually want to build muscle so its better for them to stay in the hypertrophy rep range which is about [12-15 reps, 3-4 sets]

what i meant by "it depends whether your a guy or a girl" is, because guys tend to lose weight as well as gain muscle faster than girl do =]

btw all this information is what 'I've gathered from a credible source I look up to body builders like Kai Green and fitness model Greg Plitt, so I've done my research and am not speaking out of my *kitten* lol ^_^
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    if barbell and squatrack for home you buy, muscles grow they will with surplus calories and lift of barbell :D
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    @Harrisonsauntie
    well generalizing if your a girl you main objective would probably be to get toned [meaning higher reps lower weights] rather than lifting heavy and gain lots of muscle, on the other hand if your a guy depending on the person, guys usually want to build muscle so its better for them to stay in the hypertrophy rep range which is about [12-15 reps, 3-4 sets]

what i meant by "it depends whether your a guy or a girl" is, because guys tend to lose weight as well as gain muscle faster than girl do =]

btw all this information is what 'I've gathered from a credible source I look up to body builders like Kai Green and fitness model Greg Plitt, so I've done my research and am not speaking out of my *kitten* lol ^_^

Sorry but your 'credible' sources are people who take high amounts of steroids and their routines and advice do not apply for naturals.

the hyppertrophy rep range is just wrong, I only lift heavy and packed on all my noob gains in my first year, i barely break 5 reps. This is well known, what your spewing is bro science.

By getting 'toned' I assume you mean increasing muscle mass and decreasing fat. Girls cannot simply 'get big' without outside assistance (juicing)

If op is a beginner, I would suggest starting strength, stronglifts 5x5 or jasondbs 5x5. Or new rules of lifting for women if your a woman. Follow some good people on youtube Omar isluf(spelling?) & Juggernaught fitness tv, watch through their videos on nutrition and training advice, these people actually have backgrounds in sports science and know whats what. If your a girl look up 'chelsea lifts' on youtube she has a good channel and is a good example of a strong female lifter.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Muscles are built by eating a calorie surplus and lifting heavy things.

Muscles are revealed by lifting heavy things and eating at a calorie deficit (to reduce overall body fat).

With both, most sure to get enough protein. 1 g/lb LBM, or 0.8 g/lb total body weight.

In addition to the suggestions above (Starting Strength, Stronglifts, NROLFW), if you do not have access to a barbell, some people have had lots of success with body weight programs like You are Your Own Gym.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    @Harrisonsauntie

:huh: Speak for yourself. (Way to generalize. What does "toning" even mean, anyways?) Also, my understanding is that hypertrophy is best achieved with sets of about 8-12 reps; 12-15 is better for endurance.

OP eat lots of food, get in lots of protein, and lift.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm going to disagree and state that hypertrophy routines ARE different than strength routines with the main difference being volume, which yes, means more reps per set, more sets and more exercises. Even Lyle McDonald agrees.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=1696

I'm also going to disagree that women want "tone" and should do high reps, low weight. "Toning" generally means losing body fat and revealing muscle definition. This is done by preserving as much muscle as possible while eating at a calorie deficit, and it's been found that the best routines for this are strength routines, which are heavy weight, low reps.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/weight-training-for-fat-loss-part-1.html

Although, yes, some women DO actually want to build muscle. Again, I'd direct them to Lyle's program, and the numerous articles he's written on the subject.

Now the OP, wants something to do at home. I'd suggest Convict Conditioning

http://breakingmuscle.com/interviews/convict-conditioning-forgotten-art-bodyweight-training-book-excerpt:
  • Gwbaseball
    Options

1)Mental Focus/ Desire
    2)Nutrition/diet
    3)workout
    4)sleep

Good luck =]

Everything there is good except one thing. You can be in a calorie deficit and still build muscle just you will not gain weight. The reason for that is your body prefers to burn fat before muscle. So eat high protein and I recommend working out In a fasted state ( having not eaten in past at least 6 hrs) this helps to shred fat and build muscle.

Good luck
  • Gwbaseball
    Options
    @Harrisonsauntie

All if that is correct but to build size you want 8-10 reps to lean out you want 12-15. That is how professional trainers like tony Horton suggest you maximize your results.
  • Gwbaseball
    Options
    @Harrisonsauntie

All if that is correct but to build size you want 8-10 reps to lean out you want 12-15. That is how professional trainers like tony Horton suggest you maximize your results.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Everything there is good except one thing. You can be in a calorie deficit and still build muscle just you will not gain weight. The reason for that is your body prefers to burn fat before muscle. So eat high protein and I recommend working out In a fasted state ( having not eaten in past at least 6 hrs) this helps to shred fat and build muscle.

Good luck

Mega-Facepalm_o_93738.jpg
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Good luck
    [/quote]

LOL WAT
  • AshleyFJackson
    AshleyFJackson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As a female attempting to build muscle, and lose weight Simultaneously I've researched and learned a lot of helpful things. One thing is that men and women, naturals, should train the same! Once you're lifting weights that no longer tire you out after a certain number of reps, go to heavier weights. Though men and women gain muscle differently, a girl never has to worry about looking like the Hulk (unless she's on steroids) bc our bodies don't naturally have as much testosterone as men.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    This thread.

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options

Good luck

lel
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Eat and Lift
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    This thread.

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: