help food rut

Options
So i need to gain weight and quickly iv got about 3 more weeks to have gained as much as possible. Im not muscle building simply gaining weight preferably via nutrient dense foods as its for growth issues in pregnancy.

for the past 2 weeks (when i was first told to start gaining and fast) Iv been shooting for 3500 cals a day I also have at least 2 packets of carnation instant breakfest shake a day & try to fill the rest with meats cheses fruits veggies ect. It actually seems to be working I gained 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks but im getting so sick of eating like this.

its truly hard for me to consume the amount i need to to meet my intake goals. and once i find a high calorie meal i find myself makeing it over and over and over becuse i cant think of anything else that will get me as close to my goals. I honestly cant tell you how many potatos smothered in butter cheese steak and broccoli iv had in the last 2 weeks or biscuits with PB&J. or how many sauage egg and chesse sanwiches with a banana and a breakfest shake iv sat down to. Its getting to the point that im actually kinda "cheating" by just smothering everything i can in butter or getting a taco bell big box on days im way behind even though I know thats not even that productive on the whole nutrient dense front.

additionaly I find im normally way above the what the site is recommending i consume in things like iorn, calcium, suger & sodium but way under what it recommends in things like carbs, fiber & protein so far iv been been kinda half attempting to balance it out but im not really sure what to even do or if its even that big of a deal.

Replies

• Zenjaeie
    Options
    Try full fat greek yogurt for breakfast with almond butter or peanut butter and shredded wheat.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Considering your pregnant, whether or not it's a big deal would depend on what your doctor says. Maybe give them a call to see if there are any recommendations?

Sounds like you're already eating a lot of the typical calorie dense stuff - meats, full fat cheese/dairy, oils, eggs, breads, even peanut butter. I'd probably eat more carby stuff like pizza, pasta and ice cream if I was able to increase my calories, but I'm not sure if all of any of those fit your nutritional needs.