Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Wow, having your number stolen sux. I only had it happen once many years ago. The criminal tried to test the number by purchasing something in Hong Kong for only a few bucks. I think they had probably bought a data list from someone. That before online shopping, and my bank called me since I ALWAYS let them know when I was travelling. No probs and got a new card right away.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    already got the new card. Same deal. They probably bought the number. Tried it on a small auto parts purchase first, then tried for movies out of Brazil. That's the one the CC company flagged.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Netflix em portugues. :D
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Not on nightshift but on the other side of the world from you guys (China, but home is Australia) - Happy Thursday all :) Nice to have more MFPers awake at the same time as me!
  • Shredder583
    Shredder583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Not on nightshift but on the other side of the world from you guys (China, but home is Australia) - Happy Thursday all :) Nice to have more MFPers awake at the same time as me!

Wow u r along way from home! Nihao! Lol
    I spent a month in China....u don't know how lucky we really are in Australia until you travel o/s and then back home!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Greetings to the Aussies awake in the daylight. My shift is almost done... Only 1.5 hrs to go. The easy stuff though, reopening city park washrooms and the wharf, checking the hydro station, monitoring my co-workers' call-ins from two other monitored sites...... Hoping to get my full 8 hours sleep for a change.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I leave you guys alone for a few days and the thread blows up...hmmm....

Welcome noobs!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @jennifer_417 Don't bother reading the 119 posts about biscuits, lol. You could end up feeling like a voyeur, haha.
    Well, only ended up with just under 6 hrs of sleep, crossing my fingers for tomorrow morning's sleep and hoping my volunteer shift with RCMP is Fri evening and not Fri afternoon.
    Carry on!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Pastaprincess1978 - Ni Hao!
    @Shredder583 - Ni shua Zhong wen? Hao!

Well, ended up shutting off my alarm today. Figured sleep was more improtant that biking to work. Six hours felt Wonderful! Slow night tonight. Watching Dune and eating almonds. I'll enjoy the break while I can. Last night was crazy.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Options

Wow u r along way from home! Nihao! Lol
    I spent a month in China....u don't know how lucky we really are in Australia until you travel o/s and then back home!

I have been saying this for the past few months I can't wait to go home! We are so lucky there - I now understand what visitors from overseas were saying when they said things like that.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Options

Well, ended up shutting off my alarm today. Figured sleep was more improtant that biking to work. Six hours felt Wonderful! Slow night tonight. Watching Dune and eating almonds. I'll enjoy the break while I can. Last night was crazy.

Nihao! that's about the extent of my Chinese!
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

Nihao! that's about the extent of my Chinese!

I learned nihao from one of my kids cartoons lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Chinese isn't as hard as you think once you quit thinking in English. At least they don't conjugate verbs. That makes it infinitely easier than Spanish. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Brazillian wasn't as hard as it seemed once I quit thinking in English. English must be a real bear for non English speakers. :smile:
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Options
    I thought most of Brazil spoke Portuguese
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It is Portuguese with it's own flair. It's like the difference between English and American. :wink:
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Options
    Haha my uncle grew up in India and thwm.moved to Australia and he always tells me I speak American.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    In Australia, is it a trunk or a bonnet on the car?
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Options
    I don't know for Australia.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I was kind of hoping PastaPrincess would chime in. She would know.