How many calories should I be consuming?

Options
I'm 36 years old. 5'5 and 133lbs. I'm taking in 1,360 calories a day and doing T25 daily. I still feel sluggish and have low energy most of the time. I'm taking amino energy before workout and whey protein shake after. I try to watch my macros and eat a protein, fat, and carb at every meal. I've lost 4 lbs in 7 weeks (fell of the wagon for two weeks). Any suggestions would help. Am I eating enough calories to lose fat and get toned? Thanks

Angie

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? Are you tracking your calorie burns with a heart rate monitor or other tracking device, and weighing/measuring/logging all your food accurately?

Keep in mind that the daily goal you're given at MFP already has you at a deficit prior to any exercise - meaning you could eat to goal every day, do zero exercise, and you'll lose weight. A larger deficit is created when you burn off more cals through exercise, which you don't want, leaving you under-fueled and feeling sluggish - that's why they are added back into your daily goal. Net cals should be at or very near goal every day.

What did you set your weekly weight loss goal to when you set up your MFP account? With a small amount to lose, you should be at 1/2 pound a week. If you're set at 1 or 2lbs a week, change it - this will give you more daily cals.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • Tmacdaddy1957
    Options
    try stopping the protein shakes afterwards. I have done them for years and for what ever reason, have seen them help most of the time, but sometimes, they have the opposite effect.

Also start on a B-Complex that is an SR (slow release) make sure you take it after eating and take zinc as well. Zinc has many wonderful properties but it is used as a buffer for lots of medications and reduces the "motion sickness" effect when taking vitamins like B and Niacin.

Zinc has a little saying that goes with it. Zinc for stink.... kills many forms of bad breath, foot and under arm smells etc... Excellent for fighting colds and flu's (Zycam = Zinc) it is in so many cold and flu meds. Also provides a drying affect for like poison Ivy, and other skin rashes and conditions.

B is for energy drop outs especially after a meal when you feel like you are crashing. Also females frequently are low in Iron. Either try adding an OTC Iron supplement or eat more spinach, Broccoli or Kale

Tom
  • AHill842
    AHill842 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!
  • AHill842
    AHill842 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Amy,

Maybe that is the problem. I'm trying to lose 1.5 lbs per weight and thats not happening. Honestly, I could stay this size as long as I tone. The weight loss is probabley the wrong focus. I will change that. And try a diffirent approach. I just look so squishy :) There are a few things I have to change.

I do not have a heart monitor watch but that is my next investment. I'm also struggeling through my workouts. I have come to the conclusion with having two little girls I am going to have to wake up early and workout and than tackle the day with them, the house, and work until midnight. I did work out this morning and I felt short of breath faster and my energy dip fast.

Congrats on your weight loss btw!