Chocolate Avocado "Pudding"

Options
mygnsac
mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
This stuff is easy to make and so good. It's great as a sweet spread on toast or a fruit dip (love it with a banana), but I mostly eat it like pudding. I like to take a 1/4 cup of it to work and have it as an afternoon snack, or just have a spoonful now and then at home when the sweet tooth starts yelling at me.

Ingredients

I large avocado (or 2 small)
1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of honey (or whatever sweetener you like)

Directions

Place ingredients in food processor and whip until smooth. Taste. Add more cocoa or honey as needed. This should taste and look like a rich, chocolate pudding.

Recipe makes about 4 - 1/4 cup servings. Keep refrigerated.

:smile:

Replies

• stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Bumping for yumminess. Thank u :)
  • kirstylbruce
    kirstylbruce Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mmm, that does sound good! I think I'll have to try that.
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93
    Options
    I make a similar meal using coconut milk (canned) and chocolate protein powder.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Some things should never be eaten together... Avocado and chocolate are two of those things.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I thought so to until I tried this stuff. Now I'm a covert.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    in a few weeks florida avocados will be in season ,i dont want to "pay" for an avocado to make this ... if i dont like it the dogs most likely will not eat it either...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    in a few weeks florida avocados will be in season ,i dont want to "pay" for an avocado to make this ... if i dont like it the dogs most likely will not eat it either...

Chocolate is poison for dogs.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    definitely going to try this - sounds awesome!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Some things should never be eaten together... Avocado and chocolate are two of those things.
    People whose culinary taste I trust (and I am beyond judgy about food) have told me avocado and chocolate are excellent together. I haven't tried it myself, though.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Chocolate is poison for dogs.
    It takes a whole lot of chocolate to harm a dog, and even then, dark chocolate (REAL dark chocolate) is the culprit.
  • mcmurrays
    mcmurrays Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    EWWWWW! Sounds gross, sorry.
  • Brialychr3
    Brialychr3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try putting a tablespoon of almond butter or cashew butter in as well - its like nutella, you can also add a tablespoon of coconut oil to make it more creamy. So delicious as a dip for fruit! Pineapple is my favourite with it and totally satisfies a chocolate craving
  • lyssad2003
    lyssad2003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    mmm... bump for later!
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Chovocado pudding is the BEST THING IN HISTORY, YES, EVEN BETTER THAN YOU, GANDHI.
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Ok you've convinced me to try!
  • lnsmac
    lnsmac Posts: 2
    Options
    Avacodo and chocolate are not good for dogs, if you love your dogs be careful what you feed them.
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I know nothing of avocados, how do I know if it's "large" or "small"?
  • jgsimon1
    jgsimon1 Posts: 61
    Options
    This sounds really yummy!!! I've just discovered how much I love avacado......I've been making my own guacamole lately....never thought of it as a sweet treat too!! They are always on my shopping list each week tho!!
    How much is the calorie content for the 1/4 cup???