Weight Loss Is Not Linear

Options
myweight_zpsb6faa25e.jpg

I was playing around with this and thought it was worth sharing. This shows a total of 30 pound weight loss--about 20 pounds down from July 2012 to April 2013, and then I "took a break" and went back up 10 pounds. I started again first of this year and have lost another 20, so 30 from high to (current) low. I don't write down my weight every day and generally track only new lows. However, if my weight goes up for a week or so I do track that. I thought this might help people who feel frustrated that they aren't going down fast or steady enough. If you look at the longer view (and isn't that what healthy weight loss is?), as long as the trend is down you will eventually see the results you are aiming for.

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good job. I just like these little charts...

Mine, however, is more like a dead person's heart rate...straight plateau for years...
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    This is why I only log the new lows. All the up and down on the charts would drive me crazy!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    stock market works the other way, but not linear, either. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,652 Member
    Options
    Yep I have proof.

Yesterday I ate a half box of Honey Graham crackers (the full sheets), 8 large pieces of pepperoni pizza, 16 oz of Pepsi and 2 large scoops of chocolate ice cream. Did no exercise yesterday.

Lost a 1/2 pound.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition