Ripped my underwear at the bottom of a squat >_>

Options
This week, the first time I took a friend with me to exercise EVER, I ripped my *kitten* straight through my underwear. My friend was standing behind me, and freaked out at first because he thought the sound meant my body had broken in some way.

It feels kind of good in a way because hopefully it means I'm building muscle? I'm glad they were not expensive underwear! And it's not as embarrassing as explosively farting at the bottom of a squat (which I've done :/) or ripping both the underwear AND the pants (I haven't done that)

Boxers are easy to rip while squatting. Boxer briefs are less so, so make sure you wear boxer briefs on leg days, men! As for women, I have no idea.

Replies

• JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    2373460-6850196811-lmao-.jpg
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Please forgive me for laughing so hard. I do have this serious anxiety about such a wardrobe malfunction. This is exactly why I wear underwear under my workout gear (I do hear that some women do not like to do so, since women's drawers kinda suck for working out). BUT...I will at least have a fighting chance at NOT baring my rear end, should one garment give way, lol!
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I ripped my shorts doing squats. I would have preferred the underwear, at least others can't see that.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Womens' undies just crawl up their butt doing deep squats - Think 'wedgie', a literal pain in the *kitten*.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me! I ripped my pants and you could see all of my underwear.. The thing is I didn't stop my workout there, I had to finish! Everyone saw my *kitten* that day lol...
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Mate i'v ripped everything while squatting, even ripped my *kitten* muscle once:/ its normal though it just means you're hitting your depth.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Womens' undies just crawl up their butt doing deep squats - Think 'wedgie', a literal pain in the *kitten*.

Yup this. Running is just as bad as lifting for these issues for women.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I think its just better if everyone goes commando in the gym haha no underwear to rip or get stuck places!
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    LOL, Don't sweat it! I flashed the entire gym by boobs while on the treadmill! Not on purpose of course
  • cidalia1973
    cidalia1973 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    One word: Lycra

Seriously though, I just had a good chuckle. At your expense. :laugh:

You know what they say, though: Go big or go home. :wink:
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    this means you are going low enough !
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

That is all.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Haha, time to invest in some spandex underwear! And maybe workout shorts with lots of stretch, too-- check out shorts made for rock-climbing. Those often are relatively normal-looking garments but they're made of stretch woven fabric. :)

And ladies who have this problem-- try those garments called "skorts"-- a short workout skirt with mesh or spandex shorts attached underneath. No wedgies from panties, no fear of the shorts ripping and baring your rear because the skirt will hide it if that were to happen! Skorts are my favorite kind of garment!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Oops. Lol.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I wear capris pants- no underwear- so nothing gets stuck- and I've (knock on wood) never had a rip.

I'll trade you dribbling urine with ultra heavy squats for ripped shorts and we can see who is more embarrassed!!!
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just wear a thong and basketball shorts for everything lol........ thongs ride up all day......so you eventually won't feel it anymore.
  • moij0
    moij0 Posts: 87
    Options
    :laugh: oh wow! i have no *kitten* , so maybe why its never happened to me .. so funny reading this though so thanks for that haha :bigsmile:
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    Just wear a thong and basketball shorts for everything lol........ thongs ride up all day......so you eventually won't feel it anymore.

No thanks, I visit my gyno once yearly that's plenty for me =)
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options

No thanks, I visit my gyno once yearly that's plenty for me =)

ROFLMAO
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    In for big muscular butts, and the laughs. :drinker: