Before And After Photos - Requested by an MFP sister

Options
Hanfordrose
Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
Some of you have seen these photos before, but a friend asked me to put these up for some of my newer MFP friends to see. Unfortunately, I haven't had any photos taken since March; but this gives you an idea of changes that have occurred in my body as I have lost 118+ pounds.

12aadfef-47a0-4839-8ee3-8149f942dbab_zps6117be82.jpg

In January, I was well passed Onederland at 180.8 pounds. In fact, I had reached a new landmark evident. I had crossed over the 100 pounds lost mark.

f68b7826-a273-4317-94d9-c5570235c2ad_zps24547a2d.jpg

I still had a lot of oversized clothes that needed replacing.

151f0f5b-ad1c-4ad9-8ec7-c414ac9fa6ef_zpsd91f2e0e.jpg

This is the most recent photo that I have in my Photobucket files and was taken back on a Sunday morning in March. That is my sweet hubbie, Pastor Special Ed, standing at my side.

03-02-14EdandSue01_zps5c38a4bb.jpg

From formal to very casual, the following Sunday, Ed got to show off Mama in her first pair of jeans.

184ade30-3491-4c75-90a8-7d7a85c46b31_zpsb7311c33.jpg

I found this photo, while looking through the website from my former church in San Diego County just this year.

I was shocked to find out that someone had not only taken this photo of me on October 31st, 2012...just one day, before I met with my knee surgeon...but they ACTUALLY PUT IT ON THE CHURCH WEBSITE!!!

In the past, I would have destroyed any photo that showed me, looking this INCREDIBLY FAT!!! I would have demanded that the photo be removed from that church website at the very least.

However, I was actually delighted to find this horrible picture, earlier this year. This RARE FAT PHOTO OF ME is the best example of just how bad I looked, and I was ONLY 270.8 POUNDS. That was at least 15 pounds less than my top weight in the spring of 2012.

This was the night, before my surgeon told me that I would have to lose 70 pounds to even qualify for my new knees. I couldn't walk that night. I had to be take to the basement room of the church by wheelchair and assisted to sturdy chair, because my wide wheelchair could not go through the door to the room. Talk about embarrassing. My wheelchair and I were too wide a load to go through standard door.

My blouse was size 4X, and my pants were size 32's. Now, I were size 12 tops and pants. I can walk through any door, even with my walker.

2092fcef-055c-4e1f-8bf3-cb49fd1752a4_zpsdf2c6a7d.jpg

That last, horrible photo is a great reminder to me of what my life was, before MFP. I'm glad to have the truthful picture to keep me mindful of where I could be, if I let food take over my world and become my obsession/my addiction again.

Replies

• paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Well done! God bless!
  • ksquaredz963
    ksquaredz963 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Totally Amazing! Thank you for the posting the pictures. That was really courageous. Best of luck with your new knees!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Totally Amazing! Thank you for the posting the pictures. That was really courageous. Best of luck with your new knees!

Courageous? That would be the photos that I took of me in my first swimsuit in 50 years. This was summer of last year.

ComparingJune13toSept6Front_zps595c141e.jpg?t=1378413167

ComparingJune13toSept6Back_zpsd591f3da.jpg?t=1378499512

65f5f6d5-ba2e-4a82-953d-2b5e0109e216_zps38eebbbe.jpg?t=1378499534

SideBySide2011to09-06-13_zpsa2a9f4cd.jpg?t=1378509210

Now, those first swimsuit photo took A LOT OF GUTS!!!

From June to September, I went from rediscovering my love of the water to a tanned senior citizen who was swimming 1 hour of laps every day. I haven't been back in my swimsuit, since my knee surgery in December. With our move from Apple Valley to the Central Valley, I lost my access to a free pool; but I hope to be back in the swim again soon, when I join a local health club.
  • chinook44
    chinook44 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I am so glad we are mfp friends Sue, you are great!:happy: well done!
  • Honey_Badger19
    Options
    Congratulations! You look so happy, healthy, and well. Great job and keep up the good work????
    I wish you the best. Ann
  • ketandnan
    ketandnan Posts: 9
    Options
    this is so awesome and encouraging!! God Bless You for having the courage to stick this out that is my prayer each day to give me the strength to make the right choices and to get my health back!
  • Lovely_Day1
    Lovely_Day1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well done! You truly are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Totally fabulous and a true inspiration to anyone who has a lot to lose.
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Awesome and inspiring glad to see you out of that wheelchair.
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and you look healthier and younger :flowerforyou:
  • WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great post Sue! You encourage me to stick to this journey when I see the struggles you have gone through and have overcome. Keep up the excellent job!
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You have done a fantastic job. Have you been able to get back to the Y for swimming and exercise
  • MonicaJumper
    Options
    Congratulations! What a wonderful, encouraging story! Thanks so much for posting! God bless!!!
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing and amazingly courageous woman!
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I also love the water. What a wonderful transformation -- and here's to much improved health!!
  • jrhm
    jrhm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ann, Your transformation is so awe inspiring, and talk about courage, not many folks I know would post bathing suit photos no matter how they look buy your weight loss is so wonderful and you are a beautiful woman. In each of the first three photos, your smile gets bigger and bigger and in the one taken in March it has taken over your whole face showing just how joyous you are. Thanks for being my friend.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Happy, joyous and free! Thanks for sharing your photos. I love the one you captioned, "... the following Sunday, Ed got to show off Mama in her first pair of jeans. "
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Brilliant.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!