Favorite Low Calorie Dinner

Options
Hypothetically speaking, if you've JUST about used up all your calories, what is your favorite low calorie dinner that will tie you over until breakfast?

Replies

• traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs or pumpkin soup
  • dan_hansen
    dan_hansen Posts: 10
    Options
    Roasted vegetables are always great though you have to be careful about calories in oils.

Other options would be a garden scramble, so an egg, a bunch of baby spinach, tomatoes, onions and some hot sauce like tapatio.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin squash (cooked and shredded into noodles) or zuchinni spiral cut with a spiral slicer and boiled in water for a few minutes, then drained. So either one of these is like pasta, but with almost no calories. Then top with homemade low-cal marinara. Maybe some shredded parmesan if you can spare the calories. You can FILL UP on 150 calories. You can STUFF YOURSELF for 300 calories.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Salad and cottage cheese (or greek yogurt)
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    stir fry shrimp
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Pack of tuna, 1 hard boiled egg white, and a sargento light cheese stick :) about 150 calories :)

I rely on this dinner when I crave chinese for lunch lol :tongue:
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Seafood, generally low cal, high protein and Yummy!
  • GenZombie
    GenZombie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Steam: shrimp, loads of broccoli, green peppers, onions. A bit of lemon and some cayenne pepper.
    Definitely my favorite dinner! :happy:
  • lokbot
    lokbot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    how close to your daily limit? How many calories are you considering low calorie.

I'm really fond of shrimp tacos, 8 pieces of 16-20 shrimp is 80 calories, 2 corn tortillas is 100 calories. I don't bother counting the lime juice, tomatoes, cabbage, cilantro I put on top of them(probably another 10). I don't at any oil or dairy. Delicious and under 200 calories. If I need more calories than that I just take my dogs for a two mile walk after dinner.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    2 jumbo eggs mixed with 1/3 cup of skim milk and 2 tablespoons of salsa. When done, melt 1/8 cup of reduced fat cheddar on top. Yummy and high ;protein.
  • sweetnsassy1491
    sweetnsassy1491 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Saving