VERY SKINNY NEED A TON OF WEIGHT

Options
Not to long ago, I've posted a picture on Instagram. I got a lot of comments saying my arms were very skinny, I had a look at it myself and they were literally bones. I'm not going to lie to y'all, I've never really noticed but I am really skinny.

5'7 weighing 115.

I don't really care about a lot of places on my body, I'm more concerned about my arms. It feels as if there is absolutely no meat in there, just bone. Is there any way I could get a lot more bulky and more meat around my bones?

I also am a runner (cross country runner), and haven't finished puberty yet.

Replies

• Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I would eat more.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Start monitoring your calories, find out just how much you are eating and increase your calories, at the same time as taking up some weight training, would be my suggestion. Get plenty of protein as well, and given your age, I am guessing you will certainly need in excess of 2500 a day to start gaining anything much.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
  • healthyfoxx
    healthyfoxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Do some arm exercises and upper body weight lifting. Doing some weight training over all is best, but you can specifically focus on arms/shoulders is you want.

I've gotten great results with exercises that use your own body weight. Yoga is my favorite thing to do, and there are many routines you can find that focus on arm strength.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Time to hit the weight room & eat everything :drinker:
  • Nataliecatalie93
    Options
    I'm 5"7 and 115 too, but I'm 21. I have a feeling we are built the same because I have super skinny arms and upper body where it would look like I'm starved with my ribs showing but I have toned legs and a bigger booty. I also run a lot! I actually like having small arms even though I get comments that they are too small. I did try to do some arm weights for about 30 min. 3x a week and instantly looked defined because of being so small, so I would suggest doing that. You really won't have to do much at all. I used 2.5 to 5 pound weights.
  • megacoco
    megacoco Posts: 32
    Options

Is there any way I could get a lot more bulky and more meat around my bones?

You can build muscle there to help bulk up your arms. You can't direct fat there (or anywhere) if that's what you were thinking.

Eat lots of protein and fats, and lift weights. Don't skip leg day, but do extra accessory lifts for your arms. Cable pull downs, bicep curls (7s are brutal), lateral arm raises, bench press, OHP. Look up youtube tutorials for help with form before starting. Or find a good program (lots suggest Starting Strength) and go from there.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Please talk to your doctor or parent regarding the best way to go about.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Not to long ago, I've posted a picture on Instagram. I got a lot of comments saying my arms were very skinny, I had a look at it myself and they were literally bones. I'm not going to lie to y'all, I've never really noticed but I am really skinny.

5'7 weighing 115.

I don't really care about a lot of places on my body, I'm more concerned about my arms. It feels as if there is absolutely no meat in there, just bone. Is there any way I could get a lot more bulky and more meat around my bones?

I also am a runner (cross country runner), and haven't finished puberty yet.

You are 18 (are you??), male and a runner....
    EAT MORE!!!

I would also say that when you eat more, add in some weight lifting....but your call there.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

If he is actually 18, I don't think that is needed.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options

I think puberty was a tip off.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

I think puberty was a tip off.
    Bingo. I don't know many 18-year-old guys who would voluntarily admit that they haven't finished going through puberty yet.
  • BradfordBear801
    Options
    Protein shake two times a day with whatever calories you are eating. Add Peanut butter, flax seeds, whey protein, coconut oil, whole milk. You'll pack on some mass in no time.