60 days of logging turns into motivation and changes

Options
Day 60 of this journey: a few changes in two months

- BMI 41.6 to 35.4
- 44 lbs. lost, from 298 lbs. to 254
- over 80 miles walked, wore holes in the backs of the shoes
- blood glucose from >150 to <70 mg/dL 2-h PPBS (less than 100 is good)
- stopped 3x daily insulin shots and 4 metformin pills, taking zero diabetes meds now
- HbA1C from 9.5 to 7.5 (a month ago)
- pants are from size 46 to a loose 44
- shirts are from 3XL to 2XL
- waist from 51" to 48"
- hips from 46" to 44"
- resting heart rate from 85-90 bpm to 72-75

Started with logging foods and exercise on MyFitnessPal and walking 3x week for 30 minutes. Everything else stemmed from that commitment. I put bariatric surgery on indefinite hold. I've joined TOPS for support. I'm seeing my doctor monthly. I've shared (hopefully not too often or obnoxiously) to get support from friends. My commitments now: stick to logging and 3-5x week walking. Limit choices to items less than 15mg sugar. I'm aiming at 1600 calories on average (food minus exercise). My goal is to keep this level of commitment through June by which time I should have leveled off at some weight resembling normal (normal BMI for my height is below 180) -- the doctor and I will decide what's reasonable and doable, 180 is a soft goal as of the moment.

I know I won't keep losing 4-5 lbs a week, my goal is 2 lbs a week. I'm trying eat all of my calories but I don't want to add a bunch of late evening calories. I'm not hungry. I'm not craving.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!