Did I eat too much today?

Options
I had a HUGE binge yesterday ( 4000 calories +), usually after I have binges I heavily restrict my diet the next day, however, despite having huge binges, i find restricting only leads me to binge again later on. Because of my BED i've completely lost a sense of what a normal days eating should be. Today I had...

Breakfast: 1 banana, 1 peach
Snack: 2 medium size carrot sticks ( don't know how many grams), 7 cherry tomatoes
Lunch: 1 bowl of rice ( 350 kcal), 1 apple
Dinner: 2 fried eggs, 1 slice of white bread ( normally i have whole wheat but i ran out) and lightly marinated broccoli
Snack: around 30 grapes...

Is this too much to eat after binge eating the day before?thanks!

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    That doesn't seem like much food, period. If I overeat the day before I don't starve myself the next day I just carry on as usual.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The day isn't over yet.

Binging typically leads to more binging, for a variety of physiological and mental reasons.

I assume that if you've been diagnosed, you are seeing a therapist. Bring it up! They will have heard of this about 10,000 times before you bring it up. It's so very, very common. You aren't alone. Even your deepest, darkest, most emotional stuff that you think is uniquely you and your screwed up self - they've probably heard it lots of times before.

Never be afraid to bring something up.

And I promise you that others here have been through it, even if they don't realize they have BED.

Binging stops slowly. :)
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    The day isn't over yet.

Binging typically leads to more binging, for a variety of physiological and mental reasons.

I assume that if you've been diagnosed, you are seeing a therapist. Bring it up! They will have heard of this about 10,000 times before you bring it up. It's so very, very common. You aren't alone. Even your deepest, darkest, most emotional stuff that you think is uniquely you and your screwed up self - they've probably heard it lots of times before.

Never be afraid to bring something up.

And I promise you that others here have been through it, even if they don't realize they have BED.

Binging stops slowly. :)

Well said! :)
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Eating that little food may be setting you up for another binge. The cycle continues. Are you seeing a therapist?
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    4000 is not a huge binge. It's an American day. You probably sent about 4 oz. into fat stores, added 8 oz. of water weight, and eliminated the rest. So if you binge, log it. That's it. Don't punish yourself the next day.

Did you eat too much? C'mon. What does your log say about the calories you needed and the calories that you took in? You don't need us to judge you for what the app does automatically. But can we talk about what you ate?
    Breakfast: 1 banana, 1 peach
    Snack: 2 medium size carrot sticks ( don't know how many grams), 7 cherry tomatoes
    Lunch: 1 bowl of rice ( 350 kcal), 1 apple
    You had no protein until dinner. I'm betting you were hungry a few times. Put 2 Tbsp peanut butter on that banana. Have on ounce of cheese with snack. Have a hard-boiled egg with that bowl of rice.
    Dinner: 2 fried eggs, 1 slice of white bread ( normally i have whole wheat but i ran out) and lightly marinated broccoli
    Not bad at all.
    Snack: around 30 grapes...
    Also not bad.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    It's time to break the cycle. You're in the right place to do it. You need to figure out how many calories you need in a day or a week to gain, maintain, or lose weight as you need to do. Then you can decide what you want those calories to comprise and how you want to distribute those calories over a week.

Some folks on MFP try to maintain an even amount of calories each day. Some folks do some form of intermittent fasting. They combine this intermittent fasting with controlled eating (not binging). Some folks cycle high and low calorie days. Any of these choices can work and can be healthy.

So, now, the choice is up to you. Do you wish to take control of your eating? If yes, many of us are here to help you figure out what works best for you.

I'm one who aims at 1750 calories per day (TDEE-20% approx.) daily, eating what the "Healthy Eating Plate" would deem a balanced diet. When I succeed in doing this, I lose weight fairly consistently. When I don't -- as in the last several months -- I eat too much and slide back up to 280. Sigh.
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    A lot of supportive people hear wanting to help so take it slow and don't be hard on yourself. Wishing you luck.