Recipes for Food Allergies

Options
I'm allergic to dairy, eggs, wheat, soy, and peanuts. That can be pretty limiting as far as diet goes. I'm doing alright, but as far as variety goes, I'm lacking. If there are any recipes (with preferably minimal to no modification) or tips for this type of situation, that would be great.

Replies

• ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have also eliminated everything on your list except eggs, and I can do butter and I tried sour cream today hoping that will be ok. Here is what I do:

breakfast: bulletproof coffee: coffee blended with butter, almond milk and liquid stevia sweetener
    sunflower seed butter: blend roasted, salted sunflower seeds in food processor until clumpy. I eat with a spoon!

Snack: hard boiled egg and bacon or pepperoni. You could just have the meat if you wanted. Sometimes I skip this if I'm not hungry.

Lunch: mixed greens: usually spinach, kale sometimes red & green chard too. I just get the bags of them, it's easier.
    Protein: usually something leftover from night before or I'll make a big batch in the crock pot for a few days. Could be anything, I've discovered I can cook literally any cut of meat in my crock. Put it in with a little fat on bottom so it doesn't stick, I use coconut oil usually. Put the meat in with some liquid, stock of some sort usually chicken or beef. Could also be water. And spices of some kind. You can also wait to spice it after it's cooked if you want to make a lot of say ground beef and use some for stir fry and some for tacos you could add the different seasonings at the time of making those dishes. I just take whatever protein I have and put it on greens. I also have some cans of tuna in cupboard for times I'm caught off guard so I can just through that on top.
    add in: lately olives are my obsession so at least 5 go on every salad. Red cabbage, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, have all been added, not at the same time. I do low carb so I add something but try not to overload it. I just try to use up what I have in the fridge usually.
    healthy fat: olive oil definitely drizzled on top, possibly mustard as well. Spices like garlic, onion powder (if no onions present) basil, dill, pepper & salt, paprika, whatever I grab is good. Sometimes I'll make up some dressing ahead of time which is everything I just listed put in a shaker and mixed well then I keep it in a small jar in fridge. It does save time and feels more like a traditional salad dressing.

Snack: nuts usually almond and cashew or macadamia. Depends on what's on sale. I measure them out so it's an oz of each, 2 oz total. Sometimes I don't eat them all, and I like to always have a snack in my purse.

Dinner: protein of some sort, again beef, pork, turkey, chicken, salmon, etc. We try to mix things up, we get all cuts, even fatty ones and especially bone in. I like to slow cook the bone in cuts in crock, these don't need added water since they will create liquid from the bones. If not many bones I"ll add a little bit, then I'll save the bones for making stock. The past few days we've had salmon cakes, fried chicken, and a beef butt roast cooked in crockpot with taco spices.
    vegetable of some sort, I'll steam broccoli, green beans, cauliflower. I will put some fat with this, olive oil or butter and spices. Sometimes I'll add raw red cabbage so there is some crunch as well. I have taken the steamed cauliflower and mashed it up with butter, beef stock and spices for a different side dish. I also fried the green beans last night with bacon, onion, and mushrooms. I also sautee mushrooms sometimes since that is so delicious. Just depends on what needs to be used and what I want to do that day.
    fat: again i'll add 5 olives if I feel the need, sometimes I'll add a quarter of avocado to our plates if that fits.

For other snack times if I feel hungry I will focus on fats, avocado being great for making pudding or milkshakes. Just blend a ripe avocado with cocoa powder and vanilla for pudding and mix the same thing with almond milk and ice for milkshake.
    Hope this helps and feel free to add me or message me for more ideas!