chip shop cheese pattie?

Options
Any one have any idea how many calories will be in a cheese pattie from the chippy. it's made with mashed potato, onion and cheese, then fried in batter. rough guess? 500 calories! haha

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Just wondering....what is a chippy?
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    a chip shop :)
  • emmahutchy
    Options
    Well take an average cheese buttie and times that by how much more the weight of the pastie is. Then take into account that comercial cheese is a lot fattier than cheese bought in the supermarket.
    Sorry but a pastie isn't the best thing from the chippy.
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    a pattie not a pastie, I know its not the best, but i ate it, so now i want to log it.
  • Geordie_Girl
    Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yum, haven't had one of those in ages. No idea how many calories it is though, would hate to even think LOL.

It mightn't be the best, most nutritious food, but it's certainly tasty and hey, it's good to have something bad every now and then ;)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Oh the British... I love you so.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    While I have never heard of a chippy or a chip shop, I will have to say that the way you described that cheese patty sound DEVINE! Do you eat it on bread or just by itself? Sounds good enough to eat all by itself! :laugh:
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    Oh the British... I love you so.

Gee thanks, I love ya'll too
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    While I have never heard of a chippy or a chip shop, I will have to say that the way you described that cheese patty sound DEVINE! Do you eat it on bread or just by itself? Sounds good enough to eat all by itself! :laugh:

yeah I ate it just with a few chips (fries?) it was delicious haha I'm sure it is very bad for me but nevermind ;)
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Count its a a cheese pasty which has a smilar filling I think the fried batter will be as much as the pastry or a cheese and onion roll if it was small
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I fancy going to chip shop tomorrow now lol :blushing:
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    I seriously had to look up what cheese pattie butty was. And now that I know: I want one. I am having a bad food day and batter dipped, deep fried, mashed potatoes with cheese sounds like heaven. :-) No help on the calorie front, but I’d guess no less than 400 + fat + sodium.
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    Well I ended up phoning my Mam who seems to know the calorie amounts of everything on earth haha She said it's probably about 300-350 calorie wise, as they are quite small (about the size of a beer mat, maybe a little smaller). Ooh it was lovely! :-)
  • hannahlclrk
    hannahlclrk Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just had one too... though much bigger by the sounds of it?! mine was about the size of an orange?! maybe there larger up here in cumbria!! haha. I'm guessing there's about 800cals? chip shop chips alone are 700aren't they? hmmm
    the perils of belong a tubbo haha
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Depends on the size of such a pattie... I can't say I've ever used the word pattie LOL...

There will be a lot of cheese at at least 300 cals, quite a few potatoes at say 200 again, onion at 20 and fried in batter - about 200... I'd say 700 for a fairly big 'pattie'
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'd guess 800-1,000 calories....its potato and cheese and batter fried in oil? No way its only 300 calories.
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    I'd guess 800-1,000 calories....its potato and cheese and batter fried in oil? No way its only 300 calories.

Next time I have one I will post a pic of the size of it haha and I will also weigh it ;) I doubt it was anywhere near 300. I don't think it was anywhere near 1000 either though. will have to remain a mystery for now haha
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    They're in the database as 300 cals. I'd reckon on more as only 30g cheese can be more than 100cals and there will be more than 30g in one.

I'd log it as 500 to be on the safe side.
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    They're in the database as 300 cals. I'd reckon on more as only 30g cheese can be more than 100cals and there will be more than 30g in one.

I'd log it as 500 to be on the safe side.

It may have been me who added it to database, This thread was started quite a while ago lol I haven't had a cheese pattie (cheese dab we call them) since I posted the first post haha x
  • AutonInDisguise
    AutonInDisguise Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After scouring the Internet and looking at various different recipes, I've averaged the calories in a cheesy rissole to be about 420-450. Double checked with my Mam and she says it sounds about right. I prefer a meat one. Had a chippy myself tonight, my weeks treat 😁