Flat Tummy After C-Sections?

Options
I just read a post asking if anyone was avle to achieve a flat tummy after having 2 or more children. I am curious and have been for a long time if that is achieveable after C-Sections. Any success stories??

Replies

• KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have had two c sections and have a REALLY BAD C SECTION APRON! I mean it is bad! I know that it is possible but it is REALLY hard! will be interested in seeing what others say!
  • koolgurl84
    Options
    Great Question, looking forward to the responses for this one. I have a C-section and have been wondering this same thing. Since i've started losing weight my stomach has went down, but im still battling with that lil pouch at the bottom that doesnt seem to budge.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    The problem is that you can't spot reduce, so there's no way to target your extra skin in that area.

I was to a plastic surgeon and told that no matter what I do, I will never get a flat stomach without a tummy tuck. My abs are split from being pregnant, and then 2 c-sections destroyed them the rest of the way.

That's not to say others can't do it, but I just know it's not going to happen for me.
  • Foofyknickers
    Foofyknickers Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ooh, I hope someone comes along with a success story. I've also had 2 sections, and have that weird pouch thing going on. I really hope it will go away if I excercise enough! So I'm hoping for some tips. :wink:
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well, I only had one c-section, but I was HUGE! I'm really short so it was like she just stuck straight out with no room up under my ribs. Anyway my profile pic is from last summer and my daughter will be 3 this summer. So it is possible to get a flat stomach after c-sections. I know someone who has had 2 and her tummy is flat again too although she does have some stretch marks. I think it mostly depends on genetics. My sister has gained a lot of weight over the years and still doesn't have any stretch marks.

EDIT: By reducing my body fat %, I'm evening see ab definition. My goal is a 6 pack by summer!
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well, I only had one c-section, but I was HUGE! I'm really short so it was like she just stuck straight out with no room up under my ribs. Anyway my profile pic is from last summer and my daughter will be 3 this summer. So it is possible to get a flat stomach after c-sections. I know someone who has had 2 and her tummy is flat again too although she does have some stretch marks. I think it mostly depends on genetics. My sister has gained a lot of weight over the years and still doesn't have any stretch marks.

EDIT: By reducing my body fat %, I'm evening see ab definition. My goal is a 6 pack by summer!

Thanks, that gives me some hope!
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections and I currently weigh less than I did before I had kids. I've never had a flat stomach, but I feel like it's achievable based on the results I've gotten so far. I'm more concerned about my muffin top (the layer or two above my incision) then I am about my lower abs. But then again, I've never had a bikini body! My babies are worth a lifetime of one piece swimsuits...but I would like it to flatten out a bit more!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the little ray of hope!

I've had four c-sections, and the results are not pretty. That lower tummy pouch has been mocking me. :mad:
  • mommybrain82
    Options
    I have 3 children and have had 3 c sections. My stomach is flat again and my youngest is 18 months old. The most important thing to remember is that you must do cardio to burn the fat, and then strength training to tone the muscles underneath. Pilates is great for this!

I would have your ob look at your stomach muscles and have him or her advise you. Mine are completely split down the center due to the muscle damage that sections cause. Some women require reconstructive surgery after multiple c sections. The average woman however does not and you should be able to lose the stomach without any drastic operations.
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    My midsection is better than before I had my 2 c-sections. It is possible!