Very dizzy and sick after exercising???

Options
Hey guys, I haven't worked out in a while now and was wondering if any one else gets dizzy and feels sick after exercising?? It's almost like your car sick. It's been hours since I've exercised and still feeling the sickness. Any idea's on what caused this or how to fix it. I already dread exercising enough already and now really don't want this experience every time:sick: .

Replies

• ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    eating a banana when I first started working out helped with that. My sugar would drop if I hadnt eaten enough that day before I worked out. someone also once told me to try lowfat chocolate milk.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I get that way ifI don't drink enough water throughout the day before exercising
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Do you eat enought? Do you drink enought? Are you pushing too hard? Are your blood work ok? So many things can explain this

I know when I do High Intensity Interval Training, I feel like puking and a bit off after my workout but not enough to make me dread working out.

Good luck
  • getNskinny2day
    Options
    Sounds like you need to be drinking more water before and after you work out, and you may not be eating enough in the hours prior to working out. Your body needs energy to feed on when you're at the gym, so if you aren't eating something substantial in the few hours leading up to your workout then that could be the issue.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    dehydration I had to leave work and goto the doctor last week over this ..... felt like I was all spacey and hungover
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    yeah your sugar may be low... like someone else said.. eat a bananna, eat some peanutbutter on wheat bread about an hour before working out... and also it could be from you being dehydrated so drink water a couple of hours before... but sometimes if I have not eaten I get really dizzy.... so always make sure you eat before hand and drink water...
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    are you getting enough water, mine do that to me if i hadnt has enough before hand
  • KQmom
    KQmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Happens to me too when I haven't eaten enough or had enough water. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water before, during, and after your workout. Eating a banana or protein bar is also a good idea. High protein diet is good when you are working out, helps build muscle and burn cals.
  • ESRocks
    ESRocks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Need more food. Or your body isn't used to the exercise, the banana is a great idea along with plenty of water:)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I haven't worked out in a while now and was wondering if any one else gets dizzy and feels sick after exercising?? It's almost like your car sick. It's been hours since I've exercised and still feeling the sickness. Any idea's on what caused this or how to fix it. I already dread exercising enough already and now really don't want this experience every time:sick: .

Do you have problems with anxiety? That's how I used to feel as well, but just doing every day things.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Try to eat a small snack before going to the gym. I agree with the banana, and make sure you stay hydrated! But most of all, listen to your body. If you're feeling dizzy, try to cut back just a little bit.
  • monicajf07
    monicajf07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was going to say water as well. My husband often says that (He's a Marine) feeling sick after a workout can sometimes show that you've worked you're body to the limit..feeling dizzy can be attributed to water, water, water. I suffer from motion sickness and dehydration plays a huge part of it.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I def. agree with the eating and drinking more.. but be careful about drinking too much because I know for me that if I overdose on the water during exercise that I get nausea.

I try to eat a yogurt or some fruit right before I workout.
  • CFT629
    CFT629 Posts: 1
    Options
    Definitely eat either a banana (half or whole) or apple (half or whole) or whatever piece of fruit before exercising just to get your sugar up. Really any little snack will do (teaspoon of some type of nut butter, something,anything). You'll burn the little calories within the work out & it should keep you going. I'd stay away from drinking your sugar/protein before hand just because you don't want to be sloshing around during your work out...that doesn't help anything. Drink lots of water during the day though, because once you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated. Check your blood pressure throughout the workout because if it's too high, that may be causing the nausea too. I drink coconut water after working out, it replenishes a lot of what you lose when sweating & the potassium will help with cramping. Hope this helps! :)
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Go to a Doctor. Seriously, all this information on this board is helpful, but this could be a sign of something dangerous. Sure it could be as simple as dehydration or an electrolyte deficiency but it could also point to circulation issues or other problems. I'm not a doctor, I'm not going to pretend to be one. I have however seen people ignore signs like this and have it cost them their lives, so please check with a doctor asap and confirm it's something simple.
  • jenahaynes
    Options
    Thank you all :) I really pushed my self today I had ate about 2 hours before the workout. Lol, I actually had spaghetti for dinner and that pushed me over my calorie limit and I was trying to make sure I burnt those off!! My water intake has been low today so that might be the problem, I will try the banana thing thou before I work out. I've not exercised in months so I also think I may have pushed my self to hard. I had brain surgery in January and laid off my workouts so I'm just now starting back I don't guess I can expect to workout like I had been doing. I hate the starting all over again lol! Thank you all again :)
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I get that way when I do a lot of "up and down" type workouts (alternating lower and upper body). My old trainer used to tell me to bring a gatorade with me and sip it throughout my workouts...it really helps! I usually drink the zero calorie kind, but it doesn't really matter because you're burning off the calories. Sometimes water isn't enough to hydrate you, especially if you're sweating a LOT
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    My doc told me a glass of OJ is a quick fix for feeling this way.