Just had 3 slices of pizza...now I can't eat until tomorrow

Options
Pizza is my worst enemy. Its so delicious, so now I killed myself and basically can't eat until tomorrow. Worst part is with my schedule I stay up until like 5am every day. I got five days straight with being under my calorie limit and I don't want to break that chain. Any suggestions???

Replies

• freshstart4me
    Options
    eat healthy when youre hungry...dont not eat cause then it'll backfire
  • ugglybug
    ugglybug Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Exercise to burn off some of the calories? I sometimes use fiber supplements as a last ditch "filler".
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    workout! Then you will earn more calories :]
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Go run or burn off some calories. I make my own pizza at home so that I know exactly what goes in it. I measure everything out-go really light on cheese, even though I love lots of cheese, but I love pizza, so I go with less cheese. One in the oven right now.
  • mugofire
    mugofire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    What you might want to do is maybe more cardio so you can burn off some of the calories that you have taken in. What type of work do you do? Are you at a desk or are you more active? I was thinking about doing more resistance bands at my desk as well. You can do it!!! I had pizza today as well, AND made myself eat the salad first to fill me up...otherwise I would have just inhaled the pizza (which I tend to do).
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Balance your calories. eat pizza if you want, home made is obv better, bit if not just do more exercise or balance it out tomorrow :)

Can I just add, eating a slice of pizza does not make me feel bad. I like eating the foods I like to eat. And I don't want to feel deprived, this is a lifestyle change, right?

Nothing I eat makes me feel "bad" it's just fuel, different qualities and quantities yes, but still fuel.
  • gunnroadapartments
    Options
    i hate that guilt feeling after indulging into something...BUT just work of the extra calories and you'll be fine...just think of it as your day off!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    oh man....well, for sure don't beat yourself up too bad about it. That's a sure-fire way to eat even more pizza (oh wait - maybe that's just mE lol).

a great workout could balance you out, too.....if that's possible with your schedule
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    definitely do a hardcore workout!! :)

then, you can have a smaller meal later in the day or something and not be hungry, which would just make me over eat later on! if you can't fit a workout in, then I would still eat a small something later if you are hungry and just count in your food diary, accept that you went over, and move on .. it happens :)

We all can't be perfect all the time and always in our calorie range, every single day, as long as we are always striving for continued, overall progress - we're doing good! :)
  • beaqthomas
    beaqthomas Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What I try and do is plan ahead of what I am going to eat. I love pizza too, so if I know we are ordering pizza, lets say on a Friday, I make sure I fit it into my daily calories intake. This has worked so far for me since joining MFP!
  • fish119
    Options
    I can't say NO to pizza either!! I would eat a salad if you get hungry, something light.
  • PrfctGdess
    Options
    oh man....well, for sure don't beat yourself up too bad about it. That's a sure-fire way to eat even more pizza (oh wait - maybe that's just mE lol).

Nope, you're not the only one ;)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Workout, but you could munch things like carrots and celery that have low calories and will help fill you, a salad with low fat dressing would be ok too.
  • FlyFishinX2
    Options
    Pizza is my worst enemy. Its so delicious, so now I killed myself and basically can't eat until tomorrow. Worst part is with my schedule I stay up until like 5am every day. I got five days straight with being under my calorie limit and I don't want to break that chain. Any suggestions???

If I break down and give in to my pizza urges I'll probably eat at least a half a pie,,,I'm a recovering Pizza addict
  • saraann752003
    Options
    Pizza is my downfall... do you have options of where you get it? Can you be satisfied with a slice or even two? I have found that allowing myself to eat it... in moderation... has helped. I have eaten pizza once this week... skipped a "snack" to have it but I got to enjoy three WONDERFUL slices... debate about toppings etc but ultimately, if I deny myself, i will break and eat too much... I think it's better to have one (or two) slices... move on and be satisfied and know that if I want it again, I won't go overboard!
  • Multistyles
    Options
    Thanks a lot yall, exercise...duh, I seriously didn't even think about that, I will dust off the old punching bag. Appreciate it guys
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I had pizza the other day for the first time in months. It made me so sick though. So I doubt I'll be eating it again any time soon! :-/
  • Multistyles
    Options
    My friend at work bought me some pizza to be nice I couldn't day no. Didn't really want to either but this was definitely not planned
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    also remember that unless you're in maint phase you're eating at a deficit. Going over your allotted cals for one day by a small amount doesn't hurt anything. You would need to eat 3500 calories more then your maint calories to gain a pound of fat. For me that would be 4500 calories over my personal daily goal since I"m eating about 1000 cals under maint currently.

Needless to say, enjoy that you had a treat, eat healthy the rest of the day... lots of green veggies and water or w/e low calorie items you enjoy. Maybe take a brisk walk as well to speed up your metabolism.

But please don't deprive yourself.

It's a good way to end up binging.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    You've got some great advice here. :glasses: I suggest you take it....
    But, now, I'd like to personally thank you for the Papa John's pizza ads MFP is polluting my mind with. :noway: Mmmm..... :love: