Wii Sports Calories Burned!

Options
After searching online I found data on calories burned from playing Wii Sports! YAY! I love playing them, so it's like I'm not even exercising! I plan to buy a Wii Fit, but until then, this will hold me over!

Wii Bowling: 77 Calories per 15 minutes of play time

Wii Tennis: 92 Calories per 15 minutes of play time

Wii Boxing: 125 Calories per 15 minutes of play time

Replies

• brandicockrum
    brandicockrum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    After searching online I found data on calories burned from playing Wii Sports! YAY! I love playing them, so it's like I'm not even exercising! I plan to buy a Wii Fit, but until then, this will hold me over!

Wii Bowling: 77 Calories per 15 minutes of play time

Wii Tennis: 92 Calories per 15 minutes of play time

Wii Boxing: 125 Calories per 15 minutes of play time
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I want to buy wii sports. I like it better than the fit. I do love the scale aspect but it still feels like working out where the games don't really.
  • brandicockrum
    Options
    I want to buy wii sports. I like it better than the fit. I do love the scale aspect but it still feels like working out where the games don't really.

Really?!?!?! Hmmm...I may hold off on the fit for a while. I will talk to my fiance and see if he has any interest in it.

As for buying Wii Sports, mine came with it. That's strange:huh:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Not to be Debbie Downer, but can someone explain how Wii bowling burns 77 calories in 15 minutes and bowling IRL only burns 46?
  • lmdavis804
    Options
    I love my wii fit. My kids love to challenge me on it. My husband is a great inspiration because he is always trying to get first and it is a great thing when I can beat him and get the high score. It really doesn't feel like exercise to me. I also have the outdoor challenge game, which is alot of fun and can be quite a workout.
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    We have both Wii Fit and Wii Sports, and it's a great workout. I would highly recommend that you buy it. I know it's pricey, and my hubby had to convince me that it would be a good purchase lol.
    It's well worth it!
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit! I'm not quite ready to set foot in a gym, so the Fit is perfect for me. I can workout when it's convenient for me, without ever leaving my house. It's been really interesting to me to track my progress and see how far I've come in the 6 wks I've had it. When I started out, it was tough for me to do 20-30 minutes. Now I can do an hour & 15 minutes before I'm ready to quit!

I bought the My Fitness Coach the other day, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. It doesn't use the balance board, but you can use some basic exercise equipment if you have it. I got it just to have a change of pace and I'm curious to see how I like it. I plan on setting it up and giving it a try tomorrow.
  • brandicockrum
    Options
    I bought the My Fitness Coach the other day, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. It doesn't use the balance board, but you can use some basic exercise equipment if you have it. I got it just to have a change of pace and I'm curious to see how I like it. I plan on setting it up and giving it a try tomorrow.

I think I'm going to buy this! It has great reviews! YAY! I'm excited about this now!:smile:
  • dhutch33
    Options
    I actually think that wii bowling is more fun than the real thing!!! BUT boxing is my favorite. If you go into the training mode and practice it gets to be very tiring! And when the balls are being thrown side to side, I try and get down low which I definitely feel in my legs!!

Enjoy it!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have wii sport and wii fit and I love them both. I do all of the aerbic exercises on the Wii Fit and you can really work up a sweat if you push yourself. I really enjoy the island jogging, 3 minute hula hoop and the advancd step aerobic class. It's a great way to burn calories and stay home if you're like me and have a busy life and can't squeeze in the gym.