Cab Biotin supplements lead to increased appetite?

Options
Has anyone ever taken Biotin supplements and notice an increase in appetite? I've been taking them for about 30 days and the last couple of weeks I seem to be more hungry than usual. The only thing I can think of that I've done differently or changed is taking the Biotin.

Replies

• allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    Hmm... I've been taking Biotin for months & I don't remember any increase in appetite. I'll be curious to see what others say, though.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Not in my experience. I take 10,000 units per day of biotin and haven't noticed increase in appetite. However, hormonal shifts sure can do it to me, lol
  • I've been taking Biotin for two months now and have only noticed a slight increase in energy. Biotin doesn't really have anything to do with your appetite or hunger cravings. Are you sure its the Biotin and not smtg else?
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I have not had a change in appetite due to biotin. Are you exercising more than you normally did? An increase in exercise will increase your appetite.
  • Dot1961
    Options
    I take Biotin and have not experienced an increase in appetite.
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think it is something else in your diet. I always take Biotin everyday for the last year. Never noticed any change in appetite. I would look closer at your diet
  • mandyrich4
    Options
    I've been taking large doses of Biotin recently and have noticed a significant increase in appetite. In fact I was just on the net googling to see if perhaps the two were related when I came across your post! There is some suggestion that it affects metabolism and can increase appetite. I am relieved to hear this, because I was wondering what was causing it. Maybe it is just in some people and maybe it is just if you are taking large amounts. Interestingly, other people on the net have reported a loss of appetite. Must be one of those things which can swing either way!
  • renaemc266
    Options
    I've noticed a significant increase in my appetite since takiing biotin.
  • GenevieveRox
    GenevieveRox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have taken Biotin 10,000 mcg daily for over a year and didn't notice a change.
  • rxchecker
    rxchecker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I saw this, a few weeks ago I began taking Biotin for thinning hair and in the past several days my appetite has changed. I seem to be hungry most of the time. It was so bad last night that it kept me awake. ..at 2am I woke just starving and I wasn't bout to go raid the fridge so I had some water...hour later same thing....I am never like that and had eaten a good sized meal at dinner. As I write this I am hungry even though I've had breakfast, a snack and lunch. The only thing new/different in 3 weeks is Biotin. I'm going to stop taking it for a bit and see if my appetite goes back to normal.
  • brisyo
    brisyo Posts: 1
    Options
    I take 2000 mil. of Biotin and I have noticed an increase in appetite. I specifically did a search today in goggle about this. Im glad others are posting about it. Maybe its a small percentage of us but maybe an expert can tell us why. Now at the same time, I have lost 2 lbs within this week.. so can anyone explain this!? LOL curious
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I take a high dose once or twice a day. Haven't noticed a difference. If anything my appetite has been lower lately.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have taken Biotin 10,000 mcg daily for over a year and didn't notice a change.

This. I've been taking them for almost 3 years now (same mcg as above) and its had no impact on my appetite whatsoever.
  • missyox
    missyox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Biotin for about 3 months. I haven't noticed any hunger or cravings. I have lost about 5 pounds since taking it. I don't know if it has anything to do with my weight loss, but I'm happy/qq
  • wagnerjamie1
    wagnerjamie1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Biotin 5000 mcg on Wednesday and was shocked at how hungry I was all day despite what I had to eat. I experienced the same problem on Thursday and decided to do some research before I took the supplement again today. I have found several sites that link Biotin to increased hunger and have decided to stop taking it. I am going to try and find a lower dose. I think the recommended daily dose for an adult is 30 mcg/day (found on webmd.) Maybe the 5000 mcg was overkill….I can't continue to be this hungry all the time!
  • emilyvdp28
    emilyvdp28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YES I only took it for 3 days and I felt like "pregnant hungry". It was amazing ;) ha. I normally do not have a big appetite. But I think the biotin was also giving me a killer headache so I have stopped for now to see if that's what it was.
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, been taking it for years. I can’t say I have a large appetite. Maybe it regulates itself after awhile.