Newbie - Now too fat to have a hot wife!!

Options
OK, so the subject line was weird. Just trying to think of something original, as opposed to "newbie here," which you could likely garner from it being my first post in the noob section.

That said, there is some truth to the statement. My wife looks like a fashion model, which was cool when we were 20, but now that we are in our mid-40s, and her being some type of a genetic freak with a cut body and 7% body fat, I almost feel out of place with her since putting on 30 pounds. OK, now I sound like some insecure middle aged man. Not at all, and I want to lose weight for myself, but also to be more attractive to my spouse. There's nothing wrong with that, is there? Thank God she's not shallow, or we'd have a reverse stereotype scenario in which the woman trades the man in on a new trophy. :brokenheart:

I chose Alfred Hitchcock as my avatar. If I get any heavier, that will be my profile. I plan on hitting the gym hard (have already started), and seeing how this goes. Best wishes and luck to all!

Replies

• mlang1955
    mlang1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a fabulous site; day 15 for myself. Also, I think it it great that you want to loose weight for both yourself AND your wife. None of us are getting any younger and extra weight can lead to all kinds of problems and disease as we age. Sure wish my husband wanted to lose weight for himself. I just know I am going to be around on this earth a lot longer than him but you can't make someone get healthy if they really don't want to. Good luck!
  • bordereiver
    bordereiver Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    There's always time my friend! Keep motivated and if it's what you want to work towards, well - my line is "Never say Never!" I want to lose 75lb's - a huge target, and much like yourself, part of the motivation to do so is to be more attractive...Keep it up and who knows! Best of luck...
  • MrsLDion
    Options
    I am a "Newbie" here as well! I couldn't have asked for nicer people~ I am looking to lose about 70 pounds and it seems light years away! I to want to lose weight for myself (we have to say that...lol) but I want to look good~! Turn heads like I used to once upon a time! I have a husband who is a Deputy and there are lots of badge bunnies out there. It would be good to be the HOT wife and not just the girl with a great personality...hahaha! Welcome and you can always count on me for encouragement~ YOU GOT THIS!
  • tampascott22
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I am just getting the hang of how the site works, and it's motivating to have some accountability. Would love to add some friends and such.....positive energy is a good thing!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP. I've been there in your shoes before & honestly this site helped me a lot to get lean, I really don't care much about the scale although I do still use them twice a month for monitoring purposes.

By the way 7% body fat for a woman is too impossible to achieve. I'm very sure her body fat percentage is much much higher than that. Heck even female bodybuilders on steroids would have body fat ranges from 9-12% & that is way too low & dangerously unhealthy for a woman which is why bodybuilders don't stay that lean all year round. They only cut to that point during the competition but otherwise, they stay within the 14-16% range or even higher. Another thing to consider is that a woman's reproductive cycle will cease if her body fat goes below 16%.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Love your post. I don't see anything wrong with wanted to get in shape for yourself and your spouse. Thats part of the reason I'm here, would love to be able to keep up physically with my husband. Well maybe not in everyway, but when we are out hiking and stuff it would be wonderful to be able to keep up.
  • tampascott22
    Options
    LaMujerMacBon: Good point! I just meant that she is ripped. She is very lucky genetically, but then again she also has always consumed several small meals a day, which I understand is the best way to keep the weight under control. Anyway, let's just say in the body fat department, it is me that has to worry! Thanks for the response and encouragement!