Waist slimming belt work?

Options
Just purchased a waist slimming belt at winners for 6.99. I was recommended by a friend and she claims that it is suppose to help reduce water weight. There are claims online that people lost inches around their bellies. I used it today on the treadmill and did have a lot of sweat around my belly. I am skeptical on the claims but I thought 6.99 I would give it a go.
So just wondering what your thoughts are on this. Please don't tell me I just wasted 6.99...I already realize that I probably did.
Thanks a bunch on any input;)

Replies

• YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    :noway: You're asking this question here? :noway:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Just purchased a waist slimming belt at winners for 6.99. I was recommended by a friend and she claims that it is suppose to help reduce water weight. There are claims online that people lost inches around their bellies. I used it today on the treadmill and did have a lot of sweat around my belly. I am skeptical on the claims but I thought 6.99 I would give it a go.
    So just wondering what your thoughts are on this. Please don't tell me I just wasted 6.99...I already realize that I probably did.

Solar suits and stuff like that I know some fighters will wear them to help drop weight before a weigh-in but I'm not sure how valuable those are on a regular basis. When it comes to exercise equipment and supplements, typically if it sounds too good to be true it's typically not true.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Water weight is weight you don't want to lose. Then you're just dehydrated.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options

You ask for our thoughts, but then tell us that our thought is something that you already know...so what's the question?
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    This is silliness - wear a parka when you work out and you will lose even more.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Sorry to tell you what you don't want to hear but you've just wasted 6.99.

Sure you sweat the water out, then you drink a glass of water and it all goes back in. Want to lose inches round your waist? Keep logging on to MFP, eat well to lose body fat and get toning your midriff with exercise.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options

You ask for our thoughts, but then tell us that our thought is something that you already know...so what's the question?

well said
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    This is silliness - wear a parka when you work out and you will lose even more.

Is that the Mod workout?
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Sure you sweat the water out, then you drink a glass of water and it all goes back in. Want to lose inches round your waist? Keep logging on to MFP, eat well to lose body fat and get toning your midriff with exercise.

you still got the reciept? its funny you posted this I just saw this thing at WalMart and laughed
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options

6.99 is not such a big loss. better than spending it on a big mac
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Im actualy going to go against the theme on this thread, if it is like a back brace type of belt that holds your stomach in it cuold help reduce over eating, by holding your stomach in you could feel fuller faster
  • xo_morgan
    Options
    mine works for me :) i use it every time i work out.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

you still got the reciept? its funny you posted this I just saw this thing at WalMart and laughed

Yes - this is sold right next to the "hand gripper" thing. That's a good workout too :tongue:
  • Richdogg38
    Options
    It works. Have one that I haven't used in years. Might go put it on. :-)
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I like mine, but then again I don't use it with the hopes of losing inches around my midsection. I actually use it for my back. I have a lot of lower back pain and I sit all day, most of the time slouched. The belt forces me to sick up more and the pressure feels good on my back. sometimes I even put an cold/hot pack right on back.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hey your belt may help to support the abdominal and back muscles which could decrease injury and thus increase the time spent in the gym for weight loss. :wink:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I used one after I had my baby and it worked well.... I don't know about the other ones like you are talking about though... I was thinking about getting a smaller one actually.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm going against the grain here and say it works. Yes, you will lose water weight and you don't want to dehydrate so you'll put most of it back in. However, the one thing I notice while using it is how tight I keep my abs. Therefore, I engage all my core muscles so it helps tone as well as shed some inches. These type of belts are great for quick loss (wrestlers, boxers, going to the beach and want to wear a bikini tomorrow :happy: , etc), but not good for weight loss in the long term, but I think to have some benefit. For $6.99 - it wasn't a waste.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    So, do you want to burn off your belly and “feel the heat” during a workout? Well if lactic acid build up and a naturally increased blood flow to your muscles wasn’t enough, you can use FJ’s following belly burning method to get even more out of your workouts. It’s called wrap to lose water weight!

Wrap your body with my special body wrap tape, hit up the gym do your workout and then go into a sauna and do jumping jacks till you pass out. Upon waking up, get on a scale and marvel at how you lost 5lbs in just a few hours! And for a limited time, I will send you the special body wrap for just $5 + shipping. And after 30 days, you’ll only pay another $37. And after those 30 days you’ll be charged something called a “stupid tax”. Important: Please ignore any wordings and brandings on the special body tape packaging

seran_wrap.jpg

I just saw this on another web page and I figured I would post it for some laughs for another similar way to lose water weight. :laugh:
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just the one thought but thought you all may have more;)