AMAZING AMAZONS! - New Group for Tall Ladies :)

Options
Hi All,

A topic regarding how many calories fellow tall women were eating was started in the Food section and it was suggested that we start a support group here since we have our own unique challenges and calorie needs :heart:

I guess the purpose of this group is to share info, support and encouragement for us long-legged ladies :happy: If you're like me you're height comes into play all the time and is usually one of the first topics of conversation when you meet someone new :yawn:

My stats:

Height 5'11
CW: 155
GW: 140 (maybe...debating if this is too low for me......)

Exercise: Jogging (try for 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes) alternative days I do ChaLean Extreme (weight training).

Calories: I just bumped up my calories to be 1500 a day....i think I'll try this out for a week or two to see what happens...then hopefully can bump it up some more.....I eat back most of my exercise calories from jogging....

I've never started a group before so if you have suggestions on what you'd like to discuss or do that's great :wink:

Amazons Unite!

31345.png

Replies

• ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Hi! I'm in! I love being tall, but it has taken a while to get to this point.
    Ht 6 ft
    Wt 157
    GW 155
    I'm really working in getting my body fat down to 20%. I was at 21.6% last time I checked.
    I do strength training 5 days a week
    I walk 4-6 miles a day.
    I can't wait to meet all of you wondefully tall women!!:drinker:
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hey, this is great!

I wonder if 140 might be low for you, blue-eyed. I'm aiming for 200 as my first stop, and ultimately would like to be 175. I'm a size 16 and very comfortable in my body at about 190. I am very active, though.

Just for the record, I think you look fantastic! So, you're tall, huh? :devil: :wink:

Bonkers
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yes! Love this! I'm 5'11" and 25 years old.

CW:170 lbs
    Goal: 150 lbs and hopefully beyond!
    Eventually: 140lbs

Exercise:
    trying to run/jog 4-5 days a week, aprx. 2.5 miles
    light weight training 2-3 days a week

Calories:
    MFP set at around 1400 cal
    factoring in exercise usually eat 1400-1900

I'm excited about a group focusing on women who revel in their "Amazoness" :happy:

195441.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hey new group!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm 42, 5'10"--current weight 188, goal weight 175 (maybe 170, I'll see how things go!)
    I'm eating 1600 before exercise, 1800-1900 after exercise.....

Thanks for starting this thread, how fun!

I plan to swim the mile this afternoon with a friend--what's everyone else doing for exercise today?
    :happy:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hey new group!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm 42, 5'10"--current weight 188, goal weight 175 (maybe 170, I'll see how things go!)
    I'm eating 1600 before exercise, 1800-1900 after exercise.....

Thanks for starting this thread, how fun!

I plan to swim the mile this afternoon with a friend--what's everyone else doing for exercise today?
    :happy:

Does shopping count as exercise? :tongue:

No exercise planned today....tomorrow I am going for a jog with a friend through a park we have here...apparently on the trail there are stations where you stop and a sign tells you what exercise to do...like squats or push ups...then you jog to the next station....should be good I hope!

31345.png
  • Channing
    Options
    HAHA! Shopping SHOULD count! :laugh: I'd be skinny by now!

Went for a run this morning, around 25 minutes, but half of it was uphill, so it really made me work!
    Going out with some friends tonight, and hope I don't over do it! vodka and diet coke is the lowest calorie drink I can think of! Maybe just a couple of those!
  • mschooley
    mschooley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello--

I'm 26, 5'11"--current weight 163, goal weight 140. I think my goal weight is pretty good for me. I graduated high school at 125. I realize that after having kids your body will never be the same so I am settling for 140. But, as everyone has said I realize that things may change down the road.

I just got done reading Expectations by banks. Wonderful reading for those who haven't seen it. I am in stage 4. That being said, my calorie intake is 1200-1300 with little or no additonal exercise. I need to get in gear. I started the couch to 5k running program but fell of somehow. One of those making excuses and then realizing a month later you have only excerised 5 days kinda thing

Anyway, glad this group has been started.

-Melissa
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'10". I do about 1/2 hour of strength training a day during the week and cardio when ever I can fit it in. My goal weight it 150lb. I generally eat about 1800 calories a day. For all you that eat 1200-1300 calories a day, I don't know how you do it. I would die!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

Went for a run this morning, around 25 minutes, but half of it was uphill, so it really made me work!
    Going out with some friends tonight, and hope I don't over do it! vodka and diet coke is the lowest calorie drink I can think of! Maybe just a couple of those!

I suggest Vanilla Vodka and Diet Coke. It's SO good.
  • Channing
    Options

Ooooh! that does sound good! Sounds like a cream soda or something!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    you guys mind if I just lurk for a little while? I love the tall ladies. :tongue:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

That's a good description. I used to drink them all the time because I could still go out without destroying all my hard work. If you are drinking at home, another good one is to make crystal light kind of strong then use it instead of margherita mix in blended margheritas. Delicious without the extra sugar from the mix.
  • Channing
    Options
    you guys mind if I just lurk for a little while? I love the tall ladies. :tongue:

Lurk away, sir. Lurk away. :wink:
  • blueyed_blond
    Options

That's a good description. I used to drink them all the time because I could still go out without destroying all my hard work. If you are drinking at home, another good one is to make crystal light kind of strong then use it instead of margherita mix in blended margheritas. Delicious without the extra sugar from the mix.

I'm getting thirsty.......:drinker:
  • blueyed_blond
    Options

lurk away :wink:

And if you ever have the urge to list the reasons why you love the tall ladies we wouldn't be offended :tongue:

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]
  • Channing
    Options
    Beautiful day! Going for a workout and then the BF and I are going "Pool Crashing!"

Pool Crashing: find a lovely pool( we like one that is at a beautiful resort nearby) and crash it!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    Beautiful day! Going for a workout and then the BF and I are going "Pool Crashing!"

Pool Crashing: find a lovely pool( we like one that is at a beautiful resort nearby) and crash it!

In college, we would go "hot tubbing." Meaning we would go to one of the many hotels near by (I live in San Diego California) and hop the fence to use their hot tub.... I'm trying to remember why I ever stopped.:huh:
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    How did everyone's weekend go?

Mine started on Thursday (accidentally) and I drank way too much beer starting that night then continuing on Friday and Saturday :blushing: Something about sunshine and beer I can't resist!

I did workout on Saturday and Sunday but think I'm going to have to really watch what I eat and step up my workouts this week to compensate for my weekend disaster.....

Hope you all had a better calorie weekend then me! :flowerforyou:

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]
  • Channing
    Options
    Hello Amazons!

It was a great exercise weekend for me! I went on a long run outside that ended up being about 4.5 miles!!! I probably only ran about 3 of them, but thats okay by me!:happy:

I did however have a big long island iced tea while I sat by the pool on Saturday that I think had more calories than any of my other meals that day, but to be perfectly honest, it was worth it!!!!:laugh:

Hope you all had great weekends! :heart: So ready to kick this week's butt! :glasses:
  • chels0
    chels0 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see such a wonderful amount of support for tall ladies.

I am 6' and 162 lbs. I am hoping to get down to 156 and well toned. You guys have been very helpful!

Thanks!!