Weight Loss isn't linear! It's OK to have a gain.

Options
So many people seem to get upset if they have a small gain one week. I thought I would share some screen prints of my tracking. I have been doing this for almost 12 months. I record my weight EVERY Wednesday whether I've gained or lost. Sometimes the gains were only water weight and are gone within a day or two and sometimes they were real gains. And some MONTHS had a net gain. But I've stuck with it and it's been worth every struggle. I've still got a long way to go, but I wanted to share this with people after I recorded a 1 pound gain this morning (which is likely real due to Easter LOL).

Here is my monthly tally for the last 11 months:
MonthlyProgress.jpg

And here's my chart of my progress. The trend line is the average and having that trend line on my chart really helps me see that small gains are OK because the trend is still downward.
Trend-M.jpg

Replies

• helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Love this!! Thanks for posting it!!
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I record my weight once a week, as well - although I can't say I'm consistent about which day...and I report my gains. I have had some HUGE spikes, but as you said, as long as the overall progress is a downward line, I'm happy!

Sometimes it's discouraging when that number pops up again, but my overall health has improved drastically from where I was just 4 months ago. So, you know what? I'M SUCCESSFUL!!!

:D

Thanks for posting
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This is excellent! This organized tracking of progress is a sure sign of someone who succeeds at this!
  • seizethefray
    Options
    This post was right on time for me. Thanks. :)
  • ChristinaOlliver
    ChristinaOlliver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself today and found I had gained, even though I didn't have a single easter egg (gutted!). I've been feeling down all day and this has made me feel a lot better. Good luck with your weight loss and thanks so much for sharing :)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I started doing the same thing so I could get a broader perspective. Sometimes I felt like I had stalled, but when I saw the average, I realized I was still on track.

Thanks for posting, and congrats on your losses!
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wow this is a great post! I was so disappointed the other day because I gained 4 lbs in 5 days..eesh but I need to realize that weight fluctuates, and not to take it so hard when I do gain a few back.
  • Long2bslim
    Long2bslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this...was up this week being only my 4th weigh in and was a bit gutted...it's good to be reminded that it's ok to be up sometimes :flowerforyou:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Bumping one last time