Exercise calculator - Calories burned

moe0303
moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
I've seen a lot of posts here on MFP expressing doubt about the calculations MFP uses for exercise. So I made this calculator based on the Compendium of Physical Activities (https://sites.google.com/site/compendiumofphysicalactivities/Activity-Categories). This was research done in part by ASU and the National Cancer Institute. I'm not sure about the differences, if there are any, but I figured I'd let you guys try it out. Let me know how it works for you.

Disclaimer: It was a real quick thing, so it's not the most user friendly design, but if a lot of people like it, maybe I'll improve it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiRztSbbujdldDRmWUJuN29RRDI4UVlxbXp4dWdzUkE#gid=0

Replies

• moe0303
    OK, I just realized that it was locked out. Would somebody mind trying it out real quick and tell me if you can change the data?
  • moe0303
    No takers? I wanted to test if it works.
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Yup - it works! Good job!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    bump...and its actually pretty cool...
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    bump for later. work blocks google docs.
  • moe0303
    Thanks for testing it, guys. I already see a couple things I'm going to have to figure out. One thing is that it is all changeable, so I have had several cells accidentally deleted by users. I'll have to see what I can do about that.

The other thing I found out was that two or more people can open the document at the same time. Everybody shows up as "anonymous", but you can see the changes they make. I think I freaked somebody out when I typed "Hello" in one of the cells. LOL.

Any way, go ahead and use it and let me know if there are any bugs. I'll try to protect the cells as much as I can, but in the mean time, if you accidentally delete a cell, just "Ctrl +Z" and it should pop back up.

Also, don't be alarmed if I'm in there fixing stuff while you're poking around. I'm going to try to minimize the damage.
  • moe0303
    I made it a little more user friendly. Hopefully that helps.
  • moe0303
    ok, I think this is the last time I'm changing it. I just cut out most of the extra stuff, cuz it was too complicated. Just select an activity from the second column then put in the minutes you performed it.

I'll go ahead and let this thread die, now.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    It works! I downloaded it. You're awesome. And bump.